Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Vehicle Monitoring System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Silly feature requests. (apologies if I've missed something already included):

Custom car color via color wheel. ;-)
User selectable SOC amount warning and time between car messages (every hour or every 15 minutes)
Choice of 1.5 car image
Trigger of Ian Taras' cow sound effect (kidding)(but Ian might really like it)

Shaking phone has the car call you back in 30 seconds to tell you how much money you have saved by charging electric instead of gas. Plugged in or not. (great when you are trying to bring up Tesla in a conversion)

I love the ability to remotely enable Valet mode; if the car gets stolen, not only will I know were it is but at a top speed of 50mph, the cops will catch up quickly.

I'd hope that the crims would realize that they were going to get stopt as soon as they hit 50 - they'd more than likely abandon the car and run.

I love the ability to remotely enable Valet mode; if the car gets stolen, not only will I know were it is but at a top speed of 50mph, the cops will catch up quickly.

Does anyone actually set valet mode when handing over to the valet? I hate them holding the door and looking over my shoulder while I enter the pin.

With OVMS I hand over the car, walk away and enter the pin on my iPhone. Similar when I come back to pick it up. Only issue is I don't get to see the guy's expression when the screen switches to valet mode.

Is there any way to read the entire text message that gets sent to the OVMS? I've received a few unsolicited texts (one from Walmart) but other important ones such as account status from AT&T. I'll get the summary of the text message but can't figure out a way to read the entire thing. Inside the OVMS iPhone app, I can read the same partial text message but not the entire message. Thanks.

I'd hope that the crims would realize that they were going to get stopt as soon as they hit 50 - they'd more than likely abandon the car and run.
Is there a 50 mph speed limit in valet mode? I haven't fooled with it since shortly after getting the car in 2009, but I drove it over 45 miles and got it up to 80 mph in valet mode.

ValetMode80mph.jpg

It was still accelerating, but I had to back off due to traffic.

If there is a speed limit, is that a 2.x thing, or did that change for all of the cars?

I wonder if it's possible to put up a custom error message on the touchscreen, "Hey, dirtbag, your position on I-5 is being tracked and the cops are on their way."

Perhaps it is a 2.0 issue; I get 'Power limited' and it won't accelerate beyond 50mph.

I'd prefer the power to be much less and that the further you drive the slower it goes. I'd like the criminal to think that the battery was flat so they stop at the side of the road and leg it rather than dumping the car somewhere. Hopefully the cops are right behind.

Perhaps it is a 2.0 issue; I get 'Power limited' and it won't accelerate beyond 50mph.

I'd prefer the power to be much less and that the further you drive the slower it goes. I'd like the criminal to think that the battery was flat so they stop at the side of the road and leg it rather than dumping the car somewhere. Hopefully the cops are right behind.

Michael, that's what I was telling you about at the Revenge showing. Very possible it is limited to earlier models.

-Shark2k

Michael: yours is a 2.0? Seems to be Tom's 1.x is not doing it. How about the 2.5s?

Mark

On the why this morning I enabled Valet mode whilst at full speed. Nothing changed for about 1 mile then I got 'Power limit' and the car slowed to 50 where it stayed.

At an intersection I was able to call on about 160kW until I hit 40ish and again it wained to 20kW holding me at 50mph.

I think valet mode should be more like 25kW limit normally, that's more than enough to get about.

v1.2.2 iPhone App should show up in the iTunes App Store sometime in the next few hours.

Changes are just bug-fixes (two nasty crashes) and inclusion of some new graphics components courtesy of Felix. It also includes testflightapp instrumentation so we can keep an eye on stability in the wild.

I'm working on v1.2.5, which includes a UI refresh and social group support.