Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opening both front doors at the same time with the key fob on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was walking up to my MX the other day with my wife and when I double clicked the fob both front doors opened (presented) at the same time. I have no idea how or why this happened but I've been looking for this option for a while. Problem is I can't get it to do it again and I can't figure out how our why it did it in the first place.
Does anyone know if there is a way to get both front doors to open together with the key fob?

Soey, please read my first post.
I know but, I feel like what you experienced was a glitch and can’t be replicated. The MX might’ve gotten signal interference of some sort that trigger a second signal. I think similar to how some Tesla’s got stolen from peoples driveways and why the whole pin to drive came about, which I’m a huge fan and use daily to protect my MX.

So, then, what does a double click do if the driver’s door is NOT open? I’ve never tried this. Not sure there is an ‘open passenger door only’ command. It may actually do both.

What does it do on the second attempts of two clicks? Nothing?

Maybe you were close enough to the car that the driver door started to auto present when you double click. If the driver door is already in the process of opening or is already opened, a double click will open the passenger side door.

You are lucky that your wife let you use the keyfob to open the door for her. Mine still wants me to open it for her manually. Has been opening passenger side door since 2000 LOL.

Reactions: scottf200 and mxnym
I've been looking for this option for a while.
Manual says:

Double click ... double click again.

90epVRw.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: BulldogsRus
Maybe you were close enough to the car that the driver door started to auto present when you double click. If the driver door is already in the process of opening or is already opened, a double click will open the passenger side door.
I think this is what the OP experienced. I use a double click after the driver's door begins to open to let my child in the front seat.

1. The driver door got the signal to self-present, and as soon as this happened, you double-clicked the key fob, triggering the passenger door to open as well.
  2. The double-click might have accidentally become a quadruple click due to how the button contacts in the key fob clicked or some signal interference.
It's not a big deal? It's happened to me too.

• Helpful
Reactions: dogldogl