Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opening charging port when vehicle is locked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have that problem at work. A coworker plugs in at work and leaves before me. When they press the button on their mobile connector my charge port opens even though I am not there and my s is locked. How do I prevent this. Another coworkers 3 parked nearby does not do this.

Mobile connector will open model S charge port in locked stage and not connected to charge connector
I have X100D and every time I go to charge my car (his S100D parked next to me locked and not connected to charge connector) it opens his charge port as well

My 2012 will open with a push of the button on the charger cable. It will not self close.
My 2018 model X requires me to either push and hold the trunk button on the fob OR . I can push on the charger door covr a couple of times and it opens (I haven't figured out exactly how this happens yet).

I haven't tried opening the charge port door with the car locked. In most cases, my car unlocks once I get close.

My 2012 will open with a push of the button on the charger cable. It will not self close.
My 2018 model X requires me to either push and hold the trunk button on the fob OR . I can push on the charger door covr a couple of times and it opens (I haven't figured out exactly how this happens yet).

I haven't tried opening the charge port door with the car locked. In most cases, my car unlocks once I get close.
I’m sure this has long been resolved.
i took delivery today, got car home and wanted to charge and play with a few things. Went to leave car and couldn’t get it to lock. Open and shut all doors. Nothing....then remembered i had opened front trunk and my daughter closed it, all seemed normal but i unlocked nothing trunks and res hit them. Problem solved.