TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Opening height trunk model x

Discussion in 'Belgium and the Netherlands' started by mrfra62, Aug 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mrfra62

mrfra62 Member

since a few days the trunk of my model X isn't opening fully. It stops at half even if there is enough clearance. Until now I haven't figured out how to have it fully opened again. Anyone can help me out? Thanks.

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Manually push the door to height u want than hold the trunk close button for approx 2 seconds it will reset after u hear confirmation beeps

• Informative x 1
  3. mrfra62

mrfra62 Member

I tried that solution. But it didn't help. I also tried overriding the opening by keep pressing on "trunk" on the "doors" display like I can override the FaWD by keep pushing on the FaWD doors button. Couldn't override the trunk, no movement of the trunk and no warning chime like the FaWD. So I was thinking about resetting the trunk, if that would be possible at all. Thanks PA85_DA for your reply. But are there any other solutions possible?

4. HWS

HWS Supporting Member

Of you are sure there is nothing above the middle of the car, there is a sensor, call the Tesla Service Center.