Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinion on value of CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many others, I am curious as to the perceived value of a CPO I currently have a deposit on. I'll attempt to post screen shots of the car to this thread. I am waiting for Tesla to give me a quote on my trade in. They gave one based on my description, but of course have to do an in person inspection to confirm the value. That will take place on Tuesday.

The car I have a deposit on has everything I wanted in a Tesla, including one of my two favorite color combinations (Black/Tan or Blue/Tan with 19" wheels). Actually, it has autopilot as well, and until I test drove one over Christmas with autopilot that was something I didn't know I wanted. :) It also has rear facing seats that I don't really want. Now, having driven a "D" model with AWD I can say that's the only thing it doesn't have that I would like to have.

I honestly feel like I'm paying a little too much for the car (maybe 5K or so), but maybe not that much.

Just curious on others thoughts that have been browsing used sales longer than I have. I purposely avoided looking at them over the last couple of years so I wouldn't get "the bug" to get one yet. But alas, I simply couldn't wait any longer and set myself a budget of 60K, then quickly raised it to 80K. And yes, this one is 82K, well 83.5K delivered but that's close to my budget right??

Thank you in advance
IMG_9743.jpg
IMG_9744.jpg
for any opinions, advice, and or feedback.

I think the best part is that you won't have to listen to the front DU whine. Mine is going back in tomorrow for another check on the noise level is see if it is still considered "normal for a worn in DU" (quote from Tesla maint after last visit).

Maybe it's on the high side or whatever but it has excellent options, has AP which is terrific (trust me) and your color combo. I say don't worry too much and get what you want.

Agreed, and I got word this morning that it has arrived in Texas! I'm very excited. Hopefully tomorrow we can finalize it and schedule delivery to my house.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a little high but not to much, i'd do it.

Agreed! The main thing that was bothering me is I know if I waited 6-9 months I'd be able to get a "D" for a similar price, BUT, I don't want to wait 6-9 months. I'm gonna enjoy this one for a couple of years and then see what else Tesla has to offer at that time. Of course, like many others here on the forum I'll be putting a deposit on the Model 3 in a couple of months (as long as it has good styilng).

I'd say take your time to figure out and find the exact config that you like and then you won't mind paying a bit more. :) Also find a meetup in your neck of the woods and listen to what the owners have to say. Some of them are nice folks, I hear ;)