Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opted Out two days ago but 2021.36.8.8 just pushed to my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on 2021.36.5.1 waiting to get into beta but opted out on Sunday with a 99 safety score because I didn’t want to lose radar and wanted to get the newer 2021.40.6. However, 2021.36.8.8 just pushed to my car. Should I not install? Should I opt back in and install if I want to try it? Any thoughts?

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
If I were in your situation and I wanted the beta, I'd "opt-in" again in the car, go for a short drive and get out to log the drive happened, and then install the update after Safety Score in the app shows your drive logged. I can't explain why I think this, but seems like a "safe" thing to do(?)

If I didn't want FSD? You can email [email protected] and an autoresponder will tell you that you can reply and ask to opt out. This might opt you out for good though so do this at your own risk. You'll also not likely get an update pushed to your car until the next update comes out, so the feature-FOMO isn't going to be cured quickly.

If I was concerned about getting features or FSD beta (radar-go-bye-bye concerns aside), I'd pick FSD beta. You're going to get features delayed a bit, but Sentry Mode Live did end up making its way onto the beta track software bundles and I'd imagine waypoints are on their way. (I really want waypoints so very, very much. They will be so very, very cool when paired with FSD.)

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.34.36 PM.png

Reactions: nicu2001
So I installed and I am def in the beta as it works and follow distance is 2 etc... they must have polled a few days earlier than they pushed the updates out for my group. Going to keep it as long as it doesn't overly mess up my highway TACC/AP. Thanks all!

So I installed and I am def in the beta as it works and follow distance is 2 etc... they must have polled a few days earlier than they pushed the updates out for my group. Going to keep it as long as it doesn't overly mess up my highway TACC/AP. Thanks all!

I just got 36.8.8 and it has a bunch of info about FSD beta, but the release notes say to "reenable the toggle". When I go to the autopilot and hit the "request fsd beta" it just says "you are already enrolled in FSD beta". The only option is to opt out or cancel. Anyone know if I need to "opt-out" then request again?

I just got 36.8.8 and it has a bunch of info about FSD beta, but the release notes say to "reenable the toggle". When I go to the autopilot and hit the "request fsd beta" it just says "you are already enrolled in FSD beta". The only option is to opt out or cancel. Anyone know if I need to "opt-out" then request again?

hello-it-have-you-tried.gif

I didn't even think about that because it rebooted right after install. I'll try it though. Is that a known thing (that I didn't know)?
I feel like I saw someone else have this issue on some other thread, but I may be wrong. I think a lot of people have had issues with this release immediately after install. Some other people definitely had GPS issues (myself included) that went away.

I'd imagine the boot order of the car's computers may have the touchscreen thinking the FSD computer is in a different state (not running the FSD build, not having fsd_enabled=true, etc.) than it actually is. Or the update didn't take on one of the computers and rebooting may give it a "kick". As always, YMMV. YOLO. IDK.

I feel like I saw someone else have this issue on some other thread, but I may be wrong. I think a lot of people have had issues with this release immediately after install. Some other people definitely had GPS issues (myself included) that went away.

I'd imagine the boot order of the car's computers may have the touchscreen thinking the FSD computer is in a different state (not running the FSD build, not having fsd_enabled=true, etc.) than it actually is. Or the update didn't take on one of the computers and rebooting may give it a "kick". As always, YMMV. YOLO. IDK.

Gotcha. Well, I tried with a simple and full reboot. Didn't work for me.