Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take to opt in to FSD beta on a new vehicle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to say you definitely jumped the gun a bit.

There has been no confirmation that the v11.3.2 update satisfies all the recall requirements and that new beta enrollments have resumed.

USS-less proximity detection is possible. But all we have is just that one same tweet/screenshot that’s been circulating. No one else has seem to come forward to confirm such functionality with their own pictures or videos.

You will not be receiving the current release at all. The current release is based on 2022.45.xx software. Since you are already on 2023.3.X you will have to wait until the next beta update is released that is hopefully a higher version than your car. No one knows when that will be. Could be several months.

Damn. I was wondering what was up with those 2022 version numbers for FSD…

This really shouldn’t let people subscribe when there’s nothing available to get from that subscription.

From my hundred dollars do I at least get in the queue or for Tesla to start looking at my safety score so that I will get the next FSD as soon as it’s released? Or all I get a traffic light awareness in EAP for now?

It’s really not a YouTube videos I’ve been watching of v11 that made me do this… and the tweet about park assist combined with a YouTube video of auto park made me think it was all ready to go in FSD beta v11. I couldn’t figure out why v11 had a date that was from 2022 but didn’t realize that mattered.

Damn. I was wondering what was up with those 2022 version numbers for FSD…

This really shouldn’t let people subscribe when there’s nothing available to get from that subscription.

From my hundred dollars do I at least get in the queue or for Tesla to start looking at my safety score so that I will get the next FSD as soon as it’s released? Or all I get a traffic light awareness in EAP for now?

It’s really not a YouTube videos I’ve been watching of v11 that made me do this… and the tweet about park assist combined with a YouTube video of auto park made me think it was all ready to go in FSD beta v11. I couldn’t figure out why v11 had a date that was from 2022 but didn’t realize that mattered.
There is no more safety score requirement.

There is no queue currently because of the recall, unless they changed that recently. If you look in your autopilot settings menu, the toggle for FSD beta should be grayed out indicating there’s no way to get in line.

Your $100 only gets you traffic light and stop sign control right now. You can keep paying the subscription every month until the next version of beta comes out, but again no one knows when that will be.

I would say let the subscription expire and refrain from updating your software until the next FSD beta version is confirmed wide wide release. Not just rumored to be happening, not just demod by influencers and YouTubers, but actual mass confirmation of random normal people being offered the download. Then you can resubscribe if you want and should be offered the download relatively quickly.

Currently I haven’t even seen many people on here saying they were able to download v11.3.2 even for those that currently are enrolled in beta. It’s a gradual slow rollout with any new version.

• Informative
Reactions: Electroman
I've had my car since Feb and purchased EAP the day I took delivery (and really like the highway navigation features). I wasn't going to pay extra for FSD since it doesn't add much on the highway until I saw that v11.3.2 enables some parking features I've been missing as well as a merged highway/city stack meaning I could actually see some different features on the highway as well as when parking with this beta (still probably not going to use it much in city but who knows). So I decided today that it's time to subscribe and try it out. I'm a cutting edge kinda guy and I love beta testing software and while I never paid to beta test something before, I thought for $100 I might jump on the bandwagon and see what it's all about...

I wanted to do it now because I know it'll take some time before I get my download and it would be fun to test it out this weekend when I'll be on the road a bunch.

Am I correct that in the following points?
  • The recall is complete and betas are again rolling out (hope so or else I just wasted $100).
  • My non-USS car will get its parking features restored while on the beta/
  • I need to wait a few days before Tesla will push a beta to me (currently on 2023.2.12). Currently waiting on a download...
  • I can disable FSD beta without unsubscribing if I don't like the new highway stack and want to go back to the classic EAP I'm used to for a long drive this weekend?
Thanks and looking forward to trying this out!
I bought MYLR with fsd in February and still stuck at 2022.44.100, my car never saw any update. I am sorry but for you it will be even more difficult as your version is way ahead of current fsd beta. Good luck , keep your finger crossed. I don't like the software roll out policy of TESLA, to me it doesn't make sense to keep new customer waiting while something is available and people are willing to take the risk of trying beta software.

Am I correct that in the following points?
  • The recall is complete and betas are again rolling out (hope so or else I just wasted $100).
  • My non-USS car will get its parking features restored while on the beta/
  • I need to wait a few days before Tesla will push a beta to me (currently on 2023.2.12). Currently waiting on a download...
  • I can disable FSD beta without unsubscribing if I don't like the new highway stack and want to go back to the classic EAP I'm used to for a long drive this weekend?
Thanks and looking forward to trying this out!
I agree with all of E90's points in the previous post and am in the same boat as you are - I jumped the gun as well for almost exactly the same reasons. In our defense - you'd have to sift through hundreds of posts in this forum to determine what the state of things are - and even you'd be left with a rough estimate and a large margin of error.

I'm a bit more optimistic than E90 though - I think there is a good chance you'll get 11.3 before your month is up for the following reasons:

- Tesla employees with non-USS vehicles have 11.3
- You are already off of the factory firmware
- Although not confirmed to be "fixed", 11.3.X does address the specific issues related to the recall

But it's anyone's guess at the end of the day as to when you might get it. If past releases are any guide, this weekend should be a major wave - fingers crossed and best of luck!

Reactions: J-a-x
I bought MYLR with fsd in February and still stuck at 2022.44.100, my car never saw any update. I am sorry but for you it will be even more difficult as your version is way ahead of current fsd beta. Good luck , keep your finger crossed. I don't like the software roll out policy of TESLA, to me it doesn't make sense to keep new customer waiting while something is available and people are willing to take the risk of trying beta software.
I’m in the same boat. Bought my car in February with FSD, in the queue, and nada. I have 2023.44.100 and no action.

I called Tesla and asked if I could get a refund. The representative said no.
I said “so what am I getting for my $100 FSD subscription” and they said “sorry, you get nothing until the beta is compatible with your car".
Seems like a bad policy to me. I guess I was dumb to subscribe but I got caught up in the hype and assume there was no way they'd let me subscribe if there was nothing available to subscribe to...
I agree with all of E90's points in the previous post and am in the same boat as you are - I jumped the gun as well for almost exactly the same reasons. In our defense - you'd have to sift through hundreds of posts in this forum to determine what the state of things are - and even you'd be left with a rough estimate and a large margin of error.

I'm a bit more optimistic than E90 though - I think there is a good chance you'll get 11.3 before your month is up for the following reasons:

- Although not confirmed to be "fixed", 11.3.X does address the specific issues related to the recall

But it's anyone's guess at the end of the day as to when you might get it. If past releases are any guide, this weekend should be a major wave - fingers crossed and best of luck!

Glad I’m not the only one!!!

I’m in the same boat. Bought my car in February with FSD, in the queue, and nada. I have 2023.44.100 and no action.
Obviously, you have 2022.44.100, not 2023... Since that version is higher # than the current wide release (2022.44.30.10), you will have to wait at least until the current FSD 11.3.2, which is on software branch 2022.45... comes out wide. Until then, no way for you to get the necessary software. It could go wide soon, or it might not, or they might skip to yet another version (making us all wait longer).

Reactions: E90alex
Obviously, you have 2022.44.100, not 2023... Since that version is higher # than the current wide release (2022.44.30.10), you will have to wait at least until the current FSD 11.3.2, which is on software branch 2022.45... comes out wide. Until then, no way for you to get the necessary software. It could go wide soon, or it might not, or they might skip to yet another version (making us all wait longer).
My typo, 2022.44.100, thanks. Yes, let’s hope for wide release for us.

I called Tesla and asked if I could get a refund. The representative said no.
I said “so what am I getting for my $100 FSD subscription” and they said “sorry, you get nothing until the beta is compatible with your car".
Seems like a bad policy to me. I guess I was dumb to subscribe but I got caught up in the hype and assume there was no way they'd let me subscribe if there was nothing available to subscribe to...

Glad I’m not the only one!!!
I think you can still call the credit card company (assuming you paid the fee through credit card), My discover card has $0 Fraud Liability protection, and I was able to cancel many occurrences of charges where I didn't get the service after spending money. Thanks to Discover! You can try that too (If your credit card came with that option).

I think you can still call the credit card company (assuming you paid the fee through credit card), My discover card has $0 Fraud Liability protection, and I was able to cancel many occurrences of charges where I didn't get the service after spending money. Thanks to Discover! You can try that too (If your credit card came with that option).
That would be a false claim. Tesla does NOT sell or offer Beta as a part of the subscription. Just look on the Tesla site at what you get and you will see Beta access is NOT part of it. It is a "perk" Tesla may or may not offer you at their discretion.

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 6.03.23 PM.png

That would be a false claim. Tesla does NOT sell or offer Beta as a part of the subscription. Just look on the Tesla site at what you get and you will see Beta access is NOT part of it. It is a "perk" Tesla may or may not offer you at their discretion.

View attachment 921060

Hey - we have a cool thing that you as a nerd might like - in order to experience it, you need a subscription. Oh that you thing you subscribed to check out? Nope, its not available for you, and the only real way to find out that it's not available (other than reading through this forum) is to subscribe and then have nothing happen, and then check the forums to find out why nothing happened.

Also - autopark, summon and smart summon - nope. Maybe in the future. In fact, you might get autopark faster if you opt OUT of the beta (this is true BTW as of a new build going out today) - but you wouldn't know that either unless you read the blogs and this forum. Or not if your firmware is still too new. Maybe never. Soon hopefully though. Good luck!

First of all I regret that I didn't join this forum before buying my TESLA MYLR7 2023 on February. I was under impression that my model Y will come with a FSD beta version installed (that was released widely on November 2022) and I can always toggle the turn on / off button as the Auto Steer Beta toggle button. After taking delivery I was a bit surprised when asked the delivery guy, I was told after I request it will be installed on my car within couple of weeks. Now it is almost two months and haven't receive any alert at all. My car still on the factory version 2022.44.100. Teslascope shows only 8 cars in this version. Some one from the club suggested me to do a service request and I got the following response:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Tesla Service regarding your software concern. We would like to congratulate you on your new Tesla! After review, we have confirmed your vehicle is still on a factory software release. Vehicles are delivered with these releases and are sent a new batch within a few months post-delivery. The software will automatically deploy to your vehicle as updates are released in batches.

We thank you for your time, and value your feedback which has been forwarded to the appropriate teams.
Visit our Support Pages for additional information on Software Updates and how to ensure successful downloads.
Thank you for accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy,

Daniel M. | Tesla Support

www.tesla.com/support

I found only one other person in this motor club who is also on the same version like me. I opened up this thread to see how many of us on the same boat. Since we are on same version we can also share our future update experience from this version here. Thank you in advance for commenting on this tread.

Due to the recent NHTSA recall of FSD beta, Tesla stopped giving it to new customers. The newest version FSD beta 11.3.3 was recently released in firmware 2022.45.12 which is supposed to have the fixes for NHTSA. This has started to see wider release this past week so with some luck, you should see it soon.

The FSD beta releases lag behind the main branch and Tesla will not downgrade your firmware to enable FSD beta. So it makes sense they are keeping you on 2022.44.x until 2022.45.x is ready for your car. Please don't install any 2023.x firmware upgrades from the main branch in the meantime because this will increase how long will will have to wait to get FSD beta.

First of all I regret that I didn't join this forum before buying my TESLA MYLR7 2023 on February. I was under impression that my model Y will come with a FSD beta version installed (that was released widely on November 2022) and I can always toggle the turn on / off button as the Auto Steer Beta toggle button. After taking delivery I was a bit surprised when asked the delivery guy, I was told after I request it will be installed on my car within couple of weeks. Now it is almost two months and haven't receive any alert at all. My car still on the factory version 2022.44.100. Teslascope shows only 8 cars in this version.
While Teslascope may only show 8 cars with 2022.44.100, there are likely tens of thousands of vehicles with that version. Teslascope only shows cars that opt in to share vehicle information. There are millions of cars that don't subscribe to Teslascope so Teslascope knows nothing about them.

Reactions: derotam
I found only one other person in this motor club who is also on the same version like me. I opened up this thread to see how many of us on the same boat. Since we are on same version we can also share our future update experience from this version here. Thank you in advance for commenting on this tread.
For what it’s worth I was on the same version as you until yesterday. I opted into the beta and subscribed to FSD the moment I took delivery of the car about 30 days ago and have been on the same factory firmware ever since.

With no clear date in sight for the 11.3 update, I decided to cancel the FSD sub on Saturday, rather than burn another $200 hoping I’d get updated.

Once the FSD subscription expired, my car was immediately updated to 2023.2.12 - so I think the subscription and/or the FSD beta opt-in was preventing the update.

Here’s the thing: to date, even though 11.3.3 is rolling out widely now, no one has been updated to it directly from factory firmware.

SO - it’s possible that I could have postponed my chance of getting 11.3 by suspending the subscription and allowing the car to update to a 2023.X branch OR I might have saved myself $200 because 2022.X.XXX firmware will NEVER be updated to 2022.45.12 because they can only go to 2023.X.X in which case opting in to beta puts you into a deadend branch. It’s anyone’s guess.

I can only hope that since there are so many cars now on 2023.X that FSD beta is merged in to that branch sooner than later. Also note that USS-less autopark was released on 2023.X and not on 2022.45.X - so I think my car is on the path it is supposed to be on. It’s anyone’s guess.

Hi all - quick update for anyone following this - we may finally have an answer to the topic of this thread!

The latest version of FSD 11.3.5 is the first build to roll out to USS-Less 2023 cars, including cars on factory firmware (e.g. 44.100 and 44.200).

1680355359455.png

So it turns out I probably would have FSD beta sooner if I rolled the dice and bet another $200 by keeping my FSD sub active and remaining on 44.200. Now I'll probably need to wait for a 2023,X FSD build. In my defense, HOW WAS I TO KNOW?!? But those of you with an active sub might be in for a pleasant surprise shortly.