Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orange County Tesla Owners - CA-55/I-5 Carpool Flyover and Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced TACC and auto-steer disabling while on the flyover HOV lane from NB CA-55 to NB I-5, or SB I-5 to SB CA-55?

Every once in a while (maybe twice a month), in almost the same spot on this transition, there will be a chime and the yellow caution icon displays with a message to the effect that the TACC radar is not operating properly. The little speedometer and steering wheel icons disappear from the display. Rebooting (multiple times) has no effect, but exactly five minutes from the failure and without respect to rebooting or not, TACC and auto-steer become available again.

Theories abound - it's the K-rail causing weird radar echoes, there's some source of UHF RFI occurring in a building or antenna mast adjacent to the freeway, etc. I'm most fascinated with the five minute period and spontaneous recovery. That's got to be programmed behavior.

Anyone else see this? This is the only place where I've ever had TACC disable itself in almost a year and 26K miles.