Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orange warning label, under the plastic panel behind the frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pianewman

2021 MYLR VIN 88,XXX, Rd/Wh, 12/20 delivery
Supporting Member
Oct 28, 2020
Fort Worth
While checking out my car, on the passenger side of the frunk, I discovered a rolled up bright orange warning label, wrapped around an electrical cable, beneath the plastic panel/shelf behind the frunk. It appears to be a warning to first responders, with a drawing of wire cutters cutting the cable.

I asked my SC about it. They told me it should extend out from under the edge of the panel (near the edge of the hood), and should be visible when opening the frunk. I have now taped it to the edge of the panel so that it won't keep disappearing under the plastic panel.

Hopefully they know this already and won’t need to depend on a warning label while trying to extricate someone from a wrecked car!

it’s hard to know this for every brand of vehicle out there which is exactly why it’s labeled and placed under the hood where they would routinely be for an ICE car.

I have a first responder in the family and they were pleasantly surprised by the label when I showed them.

As a first responder, I would say do with it as you wish. I do not prefer to see it exposed in my own vehicle and would not expect to see it visible in others as well. Its not a big deal, every manufacture has its safety nuances regarding power disconnects, pre-tensioners, pressure cylinders, re-enforced metal etc. and we just figure it out. In the event of a MVC, access to the frunk/cable become more of an issue than cutting the actual cable, assuming the front is deformed.