Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order agreement price vs website price (not grant confusion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've attached my order agreement here (this was sent to me 3 days ago after disappearing from the site for a month or so), I know there's been confusion recently with the agreement price changing so it excludes grants etc, but that's not the case here.

Basically, my order agreement states my car will cost £61,350 inc VAT and delivery, then you should minus the £3,500 grant for a total of: £57,850

If you spec up my model 3 (Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, Performance > Performance Upgrade, Midnight Silver, Black interior, no FSD) on the website currently the price (including Vat, delivery and the grant) is £54,090.

There seems to be a real difference of £3,760 and I can't see why.

Is anyone else seeing these higher prices on their order agreement?

Info:
Reserved: 17th July 2018
Ordered: 17th May 2019

Attachments

• tesla.png
    tesla.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 63
Yes, same spec (plus FSD on mine) and same issue with my order agreement. I did upgrade the order on the day that pricing was changed and LR AWD was removed by emailing sales. They confirmed the new pricing and said they would process my upgrade. The order agreement however came through with the wrong (old) prices. I emailed sales again (some time ago) and they said they would process the pricing correction, but it is still not fixed. At this point I am just going to wait until I get notified my car is ready and the final invoice for payment comes through. I know it is easy for me to say, but I would just email sales and let them know the price is wrong and leave it. I think they are very busy right now, but it should get sorted before you get your car.

I've given up emailing Tesla for now, I've sent 3 emails over the last 2 months about this order (most of them asking how to buy more stuff, floor mats, etc). They never reply, but hopefully the invoice price is correct when the final statement is sorted.

Based on past history "it will sort itself out" so I agree that "sit tight" is just fine.

Sorry its such a muddle ... but presumably you are wanting a Tesla for something other than just thinking it looks better than a Beamer ...

... if so then my proposal to you (and others who's first experience has been same and have been vocal here about "How come Tesla couldn't have foreseen this and just sent me an explanatory text") is just to get on side with Tesla. Put up with the Pants Stuff (or go elsewhere if that is unacceptable to you), and become a sponsor for where Elon wants to get to. Without Elon's effort we'd all still be driving ICE and running the planet over the cliff rather than, hopefully, only to the cliff edge

The Top and Bottom is:
  • People love the car, so very high chance you will too
  • Tesla Back Office is a shambles
Bombarding Support with Emails is just increasing their workload, and their operating cost, and reducing Tesla's cash and ability to survive.

It certainly all needs fixing, but complaining about if here isn't going to achieve that. I don't know why Tesla haven't fixed it yet, I would be horrified if management had no idea how bad it is (wouldn't be the first time management had no idea :oops: ...) so on that basis I assume it is known but is prioritised below some other higher priority stuff ... or quite possibly a solutions is under construction but not yet deployed.

So all Detractors ... do please stop and consider the bigger picture.

I'm showing my support to Tesla by giving them £55k+ of my hard earned money and I'm pretty chilled about this whole process, but let us not silence our despair because we believe in the dreams of billionaires.

I'll wait as long as it takes, I'll not pester them to see when my car might arrive (god forbid), I'll even give them more money if they allow me to buy products from them, but I'm not giving up my right to moan. I'm a paying customer, I'm British, I'll complain!!! :mad:

Just to be clear, I'm not really bothered, I'm just saying I've given up on support for now because they don't respond. They'll still get all my money!

but I'm not giving up my right to moan.
Of course not -- and no fellow British would be as cruel as to deny you that!

FWIW: my order agreement's price was wrong right up to one day before the final invoice arrived (which was four days before my first possible scheduled appointment to get the car).

Usually, if you have a written guarantee (even if via e-mail) of a price adjustment and someone tells you they've "opened a case" then it sorts itself out, but those cases are fed to the Giant Computer in Fremont and that thing takes its sweet time (and sometimes does things like send an invoice, send a credit note, and resend the exact same invoice, with no one in Europe understanding what happened).

Last edited:
Based on past history "it will sort itself out" so I agree that "sit tight" is just fine.

Sorry its such a muddle ... but presumably you are wanting a Tesla for something other than just thinking it looks better than a Beamer ...

... if so then my proposal to you (and others who's first experience has been same and have been vocal here about "How come Tesla couldn't have foreseen this and just sent me an explanatory text") is just to get on side with Tesla. Put up with the Pants Stuff (or go elsewhere if that is unacceptable to you), and become a sponsor for where Elon wants to get to. Without Elon's effort we'd all still be driving ICE and running the planet over the cliff rather than, hopefully, only to the cliff edge

The Top and Bottom is:
  • People love the car, so very high chance you will too
  • Tesla Back Office is a shambles
Bombarding Support with Emails is just increasing their workload, and their operating cost, and reducing Tesla's cash and ability to survive.

It certainly all needs fixing, but complaining about if here isn't going to achieve that. I don't know why Tesla haven't fixed it yet, I would be horrified if management had no idea how bad it is (wouldn't be the first time management had no idea :oops: ...) so on that basis I assume it is known but is prioritised below some other higher priority stuff ... or quite possibly a solutions is under construction but not yet deployed.

So all Detractors ... do please stop and consider the bigger picture.
Ineffectual grumbling is our birthright!

we believe in the dreams of billionaires

never thought of it like that. Its my dream, shared by others ... or the dream of other's that I share ... whichever of those is not the Big headed version!

Elon's the one in the driving seat though ... thank Ford for that (Ironic!)

complaining here doesn't strain their back office

True!

is just as effective at venting our frustration

Except that it is generating negative PR and potentially putting people off, so I feel the need to post the alternative view, otherwise the Detractor view stands unchallenged. And I would be better off using my limited time helping people who need help ...

if someone else wants to spend time doing the alternative-view posts that's fine with me ...

• Disagree
Reactions: ACarneiro