Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order hold automatically removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So strange! Definitely must have been a mistake!
I only found out when my delivery advisor texted me saying he was looking into it and would reach out Sunday. He states that it was cancelled by one of Tesla’s automated system, but I don’t have very high hopes they’ll resolve this to my satisfaction. Probably just tell me to re-order at the now $7,000 higher price and get to the back of the line.

Wo, my hold got automatically released tonight (previously 1/5/22). The button is gone and says next steps. And EDD is TBD. Wo! Its like having a first contraction where you realize this baby is coming nooooooow !!!! :oops:🤣🤪😬😲 (I'm like its too early mamma wants you to have the AMD chip and the matrix headlights!!)
Don’t get too excited, it might be a very long labor. I’ve been on TBD since 12/8. I got a confirm or we will cancel your order text from Tesla on 12/2. I confirmed on 12/2, got a March EDD, and then on 12/8 my EDD went to TBD and has remained there. Good luck, I hope the timing works out for you!

Don’t get too excited, it might be a very long labor. I’ve been on TBD since 12/8. I got a confirm or we will cancel your order text from Tesla on 12/2. I confirmed on 12/2, got a March EDD, and then on 12/8 my EDD went to TBD and has remained there. Good luck, I hope the timing works out for you!
Hahaha, ok thanks for the info. Guess my next notice will be the confirm or we will cancel you email... How long after you were auto-released from hold this this "confirm or we will cancel you" email come?

Hahaha, ok thanks for the info. Guess my next notice will be the confirm or we will cancel you email... How long after you were auto-released from hold this this "confirm or we will cancel you" email come?
I never had an auto-release from hold. I have an order from February 2021 and Tesla appears to be trying to fill or cancel old orders and get them off the books. I’m guessing that you won’t get the confirm or cancel communication from Tesla if you didn’t get it last month already. Our routes to TBD purgatory are slightly different, but hopefully I get out soon and you don’t spend too much time here!

I never had an auto-release from hold. I have an order from February 2021 and Tesla appears to be trying to fill or cancel old orders and get them off the books. I’m guessing that you won’t get the confirm or cancel communication from Tesla if you didn’t get it last month already. Our routes to TBD purgatory are slightly different, but hopefully I get out soon and you don’t spend too much time here!
Wo, you have a hold on a MY from a 2/2021 order date?! :oops:

Wo, you have a hold on a MY from a 2/2021 order date?! :oops:
I never requested a hold. Actually my SA back then told me they were going to cancel the order last July. I guess they never did and just put an indefinite hold on it. I wasn’t pressed to replace my car then so I didn’t pay too much attention to the order for the next few months. When I got the move forward or cancel text on 12/2 I replied Yes, because the cost of the Y has gone up substantially since my order. I just wish I’d ordered the white interior!

I know I’m commenting on a thread about auto-released holds and I didn’t have an auto-release. My point is just that TBD might not mean that one’s car is about to show up. At least it hasn’t for me and it could be similar for folks coming off of auto-release holds too.
Maybe especially for you, also in the DC area, if location factors in to this.

• Informative
Reactions: eeee-meeee
I never requested a hold. Actually my SA back then told me they were going to cancel the order last July. I guess they never did and just put an indefinite hold on it. I wasn’t pressed to replace my car then so I didn’t pay too much attention to the order for the next few months. When I got the move forward or cancel text on 12/2 I replied Yes, because the cost of the Y has gone up substantially since my order. I just wish I’d ordered the white interior!

I know I’m commenting on a thread about auto-released holds and I didn’t have an auto-release. My point is just that TBD might not mean that one’s car is about to show up. At least it hasn’t for me and it could be similar for folks coming off of auto-release holds too.
Maybe especially for you, also in the DC area, if location factors in to this.
What's your build? Seems they just sort of forgot about your order no?

I just went ahead and clicked I’m ready. Was getting nervous with all of these cancellations happening. Now it’s showing TBD again for the EDD.
Let us know when you get a date. In same boat, I have a no-date hold right now. I might just call Tesla to see what the deal is before releasing. Was hoping to wait one more week to get a slightly better chance at new cpu but also not worth losing the locked in price.

Damn… My order date was early Oct. I put it on hold in early November hoping for clarity on the bbb. Took it off hold 12/20 hoping to get it in the next few weeks. They assigned me a vin the next day and said I must pick up after 12/27-29 while I was away on vacation Told them I can not and they put me on hold again until 12/31. Automatically went off hold a few days ago. This morning got a new EDD of 3/5 - 3/31 😭 Now I need to hold off on selling my current car and restart the whole process again. On the bright side maybe I’ll get some new of the newer upgrades.

• Informative
Damn… My order date was early Oct. I put it on hold in early November hoping for clarity on the bbb. Took it off hold 12/20 hoping to get it in the next few weeks. They assigned me a vin the next day and said I must pick up after 12/27-29 while I was away on vacation Told them I can not and they put me on hold again until 12/31. Automatically went off hold a few days ago. This morning got a new EDD of 3/5 - 3/31 😭 Now I need to hold off on selling my current car and restart the whole process again. On the bright side maybe I’ll get some new of the newer upgrades.
Is your order for a MYP? my scenario is almost identical to yours. had vin but then put it on hold around mid Dec and on hold till end of the year. Now the EDD is 3/4-3/31. Was hoping for later this month.

Let us know when you get a date. In same boat, I have a no-date hold right now. I might just call Tesla to see what the deal is before releasing. Was hoping to wait one more week to get a slightly better chance at new cpu but also not worth losing the locked in price.
Mine just updated to Jan 14th - Feb 10th. Part of me wishes I kept it on hold to buy more time for the Ryzen chip but I wanted to avoid auto cancellation. I will probably apply for financing next week and order the wall charger now. Maybe I get one of the first Texas builds since production starts next week and I live in Austin.

Mine just updated to Jan 14th - Feb 10th. Part of me wishes I kept it on hold to buy more time for the Ryzen chip but I wanted to avoid auto cancellation. I will probably apply for financing next week and order the wall charger now. Maybe I get one of the first Texas builds since production starts next week and I live in Austin.
Did you get an email saying we will cancel the order if you don't take off hold?

Did you get an email saying we will cancel the order if you don't take off hold?
No I just saw that a couple of others have said their order disappeared in the account section and their orders were auto cancelled. I didn’t want to continue to roll the dice. My order price is $8k less than current pricing.

Also just looked and lost my EDD and delivery steps (insurance, trade in/payment selection) are gone.

1641141869520.png

Last edited: