Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone resume their “hold” since the price reduction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fairly unique situation but we had to put our May order on hold in November due to trying to close on a new home.

By happenstance we landed in this dreamland of lower prices and tax credits. So on Jan 15th we resumed our order and finalized all our details. At this point our account is still showing TBD.

Curious if anyone else recently “resumed” and how long before their account showed an updated EDD?

TIA for any help.

Curious how you managed to put your order on “hold” for so long. Was Jan the beginning of your original EDD?
Tesla will allow you to put the order on hold until the end of the original EDD range, provided you have not received a VIN yet.

To OP, give it a few days for the EDD to show up. My MYLR 7 seater order was resumed on Dec 22nd but my new EDD is still late Jan to late Feb. 5 seater will be much easier to get so you should be fine, but if you still don't have EDD by end of this week contact your SA.

Tesla will allow you to put the order on hold until the end of the original EDD range, provided you have not received a VIN yet.

To OP, give it a few days for the EDD to show up. My MYLR 7 seater order was resumed on Dec 22nd but my new EDD is still late Jan to late Feb. 5 seater will be much easier to get so you should be fine, but if you still don't have EDD by end of this week contact your SA.
That’s my plan. My SA has been super helpful. I’m fairly certain she’s probably sick of hearing from me. :)

They only allowed me to hold for 2 weeks hmm

Anyway you should check on existing inventory if you wanna be safe and get all discounts
I’ve checked the “accelerated” delivery everyday since and most vehicles are above the “cap” of $54,999. Usually Black/Black w/ Tow, or updated wheels.

I’ll keep looking in hopes we get lucky in the meantime. But can lightning really strike the same place twice…

This is the most clear-cut language I have ever read on the topic. Where is it from ?
Someone has posted here before that in one version of a document (MVPA maybe?) it's stated you can place the order on hold up until the EDD when order was placed. Forgot where that came from, that's when I checked back on the day I ordered the EDD is Jan - April 2023. In Oct when my EDD was updated to Dec 2022 my SA allowed me to put it on hold until April 1st 2023. I later talked to another SA and she confirmed they can put order on hold until the later end of the original EDD.

Someone has posted here before that in one version of a document (MVPA maybe?) it's stated you can place the order on hold up until the EDD when order was placed. Forgot where that came from, that's when I checked back on the day I ordered the EDD is Jan - April 2023. In Oct when my EDD was updated to Dec 2022 my SA allowed me to put it on hold until April 1st 2023. I later talked to another SA and she confirmed they can put order on hold until the later end of the original EDD.

Thanks,
I found a post talking about an internal Tesla email that outlined the policy as you wrote it. IIRC it was dated ~ Oct/22.

I called my local service center where delivery is supposed to happen and requested that my order be placed on HOLD. Later in the day I was notified that the HOLD was in place, but my EDD is unchanged in the Tesla App and in my account seen through the Tesla website. I'm looking for confirmation that the HOLD is in place, as well as guidance for how long I may keep the HOLD.

In the meantime folks, is there a way for a customer to see this HOLD related information ? I'll give my SC a call in the AM, but I sure would like to see the HOLD related stuff in black & white.

Hoping this thread reaches people who were once on hold and now actually resuming the order. Trying to get a feel for how long EDD takes to show up, and a where they felt they were put in the queue?

I’m hoping I didn’t go back to the end of the line, but I fear that may be the case. All my EDD still says TBD. App, website, even my SA said “low inventory, but keep checking accelerated delivery”.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
It’s gonna be large bold and yellow. You can’t miss it.
Webpage, or in the Tesla app ? I still have this on my account webpage

Model Y Build Details Jan 18 2023.png

Last edited: