Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order in, wait begins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its not just a wait. You should be busy getting the nursery - ah- garage ready. Got charging setup? Cleaned the garage? Paint for the fresh baby? Read the Do It Yourself manuals, support manuals Watched the videos? Think about the first music you play on your drive away from the delivery center. And when you are done, you sit and twiddle your fobs. We call it Teslaxiety.
Welcome to the family.

Yes one of the first things I tried to improve WIFI in my garage was buy a powerline extender for my garage but that didn't really work so I am now using the Shaw WIFI pods which has worked great in my garage. I can watch 4k youtube videos in my car now with only very rarely having dropouts or freezing of the video.....Of course the next over the air update should be a piece of cake with the improved WIFI in my garage!

So the charger needs a wifi signal ?

Someone already clarified my comment for me. Thank you @Casmium. But let's help you understand a bit better. The charger is built into the car itself. The cable that is used to connect the car to the wall outlet is not a charger. Most of the time its a MC, Mobile Connector, or a WC permanently installed Wall Connector. People do either or both. Keep that in mind when you are asking questions of folks or reporting issues to an electrician or someone.

Reactions: Stockboy
So let me see now if I can help you doubt your own thinking. I like red. I've had two. And I think its the safest color of that a car can be. I've been driving 54 years. First two red cars I have ever owned. But I have noticed that cars tend less often to simply pull out in front of me when I drive now - a red car. After thinking about it a while, I believe its because every other color except RED tends to blend in and disappear into the noise of the horizon - disappear into the background when someone looking for a gap in the traffic is ready to pull out. I think they look up and see that red blot and they pause - wait, and think - wait for that thing to get past. I do not think they know its a Tesla, that's not the motivation to pause. And conversely, when they look up and see white, blue, black, grey, silver, green, brown, those just blend in and disappear. GO BIG RED !!

So let me see now if I can help you doubt your own thinking. I like red. I've had two. And I think its the safest color of that a car can be. I've been driving 54 years. First two red cars I have ever owned. But I have noticed that cars tend less often to simply pull out in front of me when I drive now - a red car. After thinking about it a while, I believe its because every other color except RED tends to blend in and disappear into the noise of the horizon - disappear into the background when someone looking for a gap in the traffic is ready to pull out. I think they look up and see that red blot and they pause - wait, and think - wait for that thing to get past. I do not think they know its a Tesla, that's not the motivation to pause. And conversely, when they look up and see white, blue, black, grey, silver, green, brown, those just blend in and disappear. GO BIG RED !!
And maybe you should doubt your own thinking. According to studies, white cars are less likely to be in accidents than red. Depending on the study, white or yellow cars had the lowest probability of being in an accident.

Thanks. :)

Wait... Does Australia count? I mean, - they count. But where's the U.S. one that engages American drivers?
I haven't seen any American studies. American articles seem to reference the Australian study though I did see mention of a New Zealand study as well.

Anyway can't remember the last time I was cut off driving my black model 3. My blue Subaru Outback is a different story. I noticed a big uptick in being cut off vs the black Audi A4 I drove before.

I suspect it's more about the look of the car than the color that makes people decide it's ok to cut you off.