TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Order to delivery in 17 days...is this a record ?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Nirenk, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Nirenk

Nirenk Member

Today I took the delivery of my Model S 70D at Paramus,NJ service center. Here are some key dates

Ordered 03-01
    Confirmed 03-02
    VIN assigned 03-03
    Production started 03-04
    In transit 03-09
    At Paramus, NJ SC 03-14
    Delivered 03-17 image.jpeg

This must be the record if not very close to the record for a custom car built and delivered in 17 days on east coast. There were so many cars on the lot ready to be delivered. The delivery experience was fantastic. No bows and unwrapping of the car though. There were 5 Model S lined up for the delivery so no chance for the fanfare. But DS went into great details and did not rush the process.

The car is amazing and I don't think I will ever own anything better than this unless it is another Tesla.

Good luck to those still waiting. Hope your day arrives soon.

• Like x 2
  2. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Congratulations and enjoy! That is a very fast order and delivery! What configuration did you get?

3. Nirenk

Nirenk Member

Thanks. I got 70D Solid Black, grey next gen, pano, autopilot, premium interior, subzero weather package.

4. chargeshare

chargeshare Member

With the number of 70Ds on the 'CPO' site as inventory, maybe they just matched you up with a car that was already in production when you ordered that matched or closely matched your order?

5. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Great combo - enjoy in good health!

6. flyinghawaiian

That's really fast. I only confirmed a day after the OP, and my wife's 70D is still in production.