Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order today for delivery in 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
per the site:

"
Proof of insurance is required to take delivery, and it must be valid for the next 60-90 days.

Registration states that DO NOT require Model 3 on insurance for delivery:

• Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington
If you are registering in one of these states, you may provide proof of insurance for your existing car instead.

"

Got an email an hour ago to "prepare for your model 3 delivery" saying to confirm delivery location, insurance, etc. but when click the link it just goes to my manage page which I already put all this information in. The only thing I haven't yet is the loan info. Anyone get this? Are they actually getting the car ready or have to have everything put in first? Kind of confusing because it doesn't really make it clear.

per the site:

"
Proof of insurance is required to take delivery, and it must be valid for the next 60-90 days.

Registration states that DO NOT require Model 3 on insurance for delivery:

• Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington
If you are registering in one of these states, you may provide proof of insurance for your existing car instead.

"
I took delivery in Idaho with Tesla having a copy of my insurance card on existing car (even though the card I uploaded expired prior to delivery).

So... I now have a VIN and delivery date/time I know I cannot make. (It's MONDAY!)

I have no calls or emails from anyone.. and I need at least 2-3 days to get financing settled... sheesh!

Must have had a car right where I needed? Was this someone's reject?

• Funny
Reactions: Donz_S
So... I now have a VIN and delivery date/time I know I cannot make. (It's MONDAY!)

I have no calls or emails from anyone.. and I need at least 2-3 days to get financing settled... sheesh!

Must have had a car right where I needed? Was this someone's reject?
I'll bet you a dozen donuts that your car was built in Nov. It is not a reject. The nation is swimming in Tesla inventory right now, so that impulse buys like yours can be fulfilled by midnight on 12/31. Many Model 3 AWDs buyers in the past month or two have been surprised how quickly their cars 'were built' when they're simply inventory AWDs. RWD buyers went through this a few months prior, when Tesla had overbuilt the RWDs and scattered them around the nation while waiting for buyers.

Hopefully this supply/demand imbalance in the US ends soon, as deliveries to EU/China soak up the production output.
From there, it's US/CN SRs.

• Informative
Reactions: 2012MS85
Exciting stuff.

I still have several months on my S lease and since in putting more miles right now for unforseen circumstances I thought what the heck and ordered on Tuesday. Of this week.

I'm picking it up tomorrow.

Totally impulse buy but yea they're ready for the last minute impulse buyers right now. LR in MSM with white interior, Orange County. Had a reservation but never used it. In fact they just created a new order and had me cancel the existing reservation.

Fwiw even through this quick process it hasn't been easy to reach advisors right now. They're clearly in overdrive trying to fulfil these orders.

Quick info on the Tesla rate match, they are matching and only require a pre approval letter. I have one from Clearpath. BUT what they do is approve you for the regular rate, and they just send you a check for the difference in interest amount, they say 4-6 weeks. Tbh I really don't want to be putting things in Tesla's hands right now for them to send ME money, but it is much less of a hassle than trying to get a rate beat from Lightstream. And I would never actually use Clearpath that place is a joke. So I'm gonna go with Tesla and wait patiently for the check.

Things sure have changed since I got my S a while back... They're trying to deliver these cars at the rate of a Subway sandwich order. They told me that tomorrow I'm gonna get 5 min for paperwork, 5 min for orientation, then GTFO!

Hey tchokie - almost the same here, ordered yesterday morning, picking up tomorrow. Was all set to grab a Kona EV, got an unexpected call to do a test drive and that was it. I think we took the last already-produced LR AWD in red in Northern CA, which wasn't available on Wed night.

Man I was sooooo close to getting red too, that's awesome

Tomorrow is gonna be a great day

Now the hard questions... what to do with all the grocery store gas points?!

5.5 years ago with the purchase of the Leaf and local gas usage going to almost nothing, I stopped using my own loyalty card at the grocery store and switched to using my mom's. The local stores let you key in your phone number on the credit card pads as an alternate form of ID instead of scanning a card. It's easy to give your points to someone else with that setup. When I buy gas, I no longer claim the pittance of a gas discount (2 cents a gallon) because I buy it in such small increments (2.5 or 5 gallons at a time) and I wouldn't want to accidentally claim one of the larger discounts she's worked up to.

I chuckle to myself at the two of us messing up their big data analytics with two buyers on the same loyalty card purchasing totally different types of food (mom that actually cooks and me that doesn't).

if you enter the phone number at a second pump, before the first is done pumping you can also double your rewards... ;)

I'm not too worried about it, just seems like Giant is favoring gas suckers...

My bank now has all the paper work to make them happy, and is mailing me the check Monday... should have it Tues or Wednesday, and pickup the new ride on Friday.

Reactions: suwaneedad
They have a lot of new inventory floating around, but it depends on the configuration. LR RWD and AWD seem to be pre-built and positioned all around the nation. When I was considering alternatives to my mid-range, there were a few good local options (within shipping distance) for me to choose from in brand new inventory.

Reactions: suwaneedad