Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered custom build X today, have day 1 in line Model 3 reservation, do I skip line?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in socal and had 2 first day Model 3 reservations. Needed to replace a SUV and just ordered a custom built Model X due for delivery in March. My estimated delivery was Dec-Feb for the Model 3 but seems too optimistic still. Would I get owner priority now that I ordered the X or would it have to be after delivery in March?

I am in exactly the same position as you, I had 2 day one model 3 reservations (waited in line in NorCal) and bought a model X 12/17. I was not a previous owner. My model 3 dates have not changed, still Jan-Mar 18' like I was before but I expect that to be pushed back another 2-4 months now. I cancelled one reservation but keeping the 2nd one for now.

You need to 'be' an owner for the priority to take effect. I made my 3 rez in April 2016, and when I took delivery of my X, I finally (recently) saw a move up of one month. You also should be in a good position to see the change, as only one of yours will move. One owned car, one reservation gets priority.

• Informative
Reactions: Brando