Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered custom built out of inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered my X LR this past Saturday (7/13) and I find out that it’s already shipped on Tuesday 7/16. I thought, “wow, that’s fast” and wondered how it could be possible.

I contacted Tesla and they said the car was actually built on 6/29, a couple weeks before I ordered.

Is there some sort of factory inventory they pull cars from? Should I be worried? I always thought custom order meant built to spec after you ordered.

Thanks for the prompt replies. Makes sense... kind of like Honda... only a few different combinations. A gray LR 5 seater FSD is probably a common config.

It’s supposed to be at the dealer on 7/21. They haven’t contacted me to arrange home delivery yet (I’m about 5 hrs from the closest dealer). Can’t wait to get it

Reactions: Ludalicious
Thanks for the prompt replies. Makes sense... kind of like Honda... only a few different combinations. A gray LR 5 seater FSD is probably a common config.

It’s supposed to be at the dealer on 7/21. They haven’t contacted me to arrange home delivery yet (I’m about 5 hrs from the closest dealer). Can’t wait to get it

Congrats! Just in case you didn't know, MX LR had some price reductions yesterday. Depending on your color choice, it could be as much as $8K. If you haven't gotten price adjustment, you should talk to your OA. I'm sure they will do it gladly.

Congrats! Just in case you didn't know, MX LR had some price reductions yesterday. Depending on your color choice, it could be as much as $8K. If you haven't gotten price adjustment, you should talk to your OA. I'm sure they will do it gladly.
It dropped on Tuesday about 8K from where it was when I ordered on Saturday. Was there another big price reduction?