Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered MR Post Announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MR after the announcement/price decrease. I was assigned a VIN beginning with 177xxx. The car was an inventory car that's been at my local showroom for a few months. Is there anything I need to be concerned about? Have there been any incremental upgrades made since that would be missing from this vehicle? How about it sitting on the lot for that long without a charge.

Thanks

This sounds like a 2018 model. I would definitely wait for a 2019. You can correct me if I’m wrong but I doubt they’re giving you any further adjustment based on the new pricing scheme after Tesla’s feb 28 announcement for taking a 2018 model. No reason to take an older model that will sell for less later on.

As others have already mentioned, if you have any intention of selling the TM3, most buyers are still unaware of Tesla's product lifecycle and how model years don't correlate with enhancements. Because of this, you'll get more resale value on a 2019-branded vehicle. If reselling isn't in your scope at all, then you have nothing to worry about in terms of enhancements/improvements.

Your vehicle is covered by the standard warranty so any potential damage from sitting months in a warehouse (which is likely none) would be covered, regardless.