Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered MY in late Oct for June ETA, got email/text today to take Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surprised to see today's message to take delivery of my wife's MY on Thu 12/2 when we were only expecting it to be delivered in June, 2022. Talked to Tesla and it looks like the config she wanted (Black, Long range, FSD) may have gotten bumped from someone else who passed to next and it happens to be her. Of course, with this sudden turn of events, we weren't prepared with bank loan etc so have put it on hold till next year. Has this happened to anyone else?

Surprised to see today's message to take delivery of my wife's MY on Thu 12/2 when we were only expecting it to be delivered in June, 2022. Talked to Tesla and it looks like the config she wanted (Black, Long range, FSD) may have gotten bumped from someone else who passed to next and it happens to be her. Of course, with this sudden turn of events, we weren't prepared with bank loan etc so have put it on hold till next year. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yep, happened to me back in September. I declined for the same reason. It was a nice surprise but it’s not easy to scrape together all the financial stuff on short notice, especially when you think you have several months to go. I went on hold for about a week and it’s now been at least a month with no new assignment. It’s exhausting trying to keep track so I’ve given up. It’ll get here some day!