Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered my MS Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tell that to those who wait on the long line at a Supercharger at peak times that keeps happening like Holidays when people don't go to work.

DXe7wzqU0AAHl-o

If you have the additional range, you have the option to skip crowded stations.

Well if that's your go-to Supercharger, it doesn't matter if you 'fill up' at 300 miles or 500 miles, that's the same line you will see every time. If you're going to argue that 'well, I can go during non-peak times', you can do that at 300 miles too. This is an infrastructure problem, not a vehicle mileage issue.

Ordered. It’s a refundable deposit and it’s a long way out. Figure might as well kick in the FSD just in case they solve it in that time and FSD itself is $40k! lol

blue paint. White seats. Black wheels.

I expect to never take delivery as the Roadster is only ~30% more in price. The ol “if you can afford $155 you can afford $200” play. Fingers crossed.
Roadster will be $250K with the SpaceX package + tax/title/fees.

in California when I ran it against the DMV it was an extra $25K for all of that stuff so approaching $270K. That’s without autopilot and FSD so add another $12K for that (I’m not factoring in the subscription if it becomes available).

...'well, I can go during non-peak times'...

Many people sleep or go to work at non-peak times (non-holidays).

...infrastructure problem, not a vehicle mileage issue.

No doubt. Not a vehicle problem but still there's a waiting problem if I wanted to go on last Labor day weekend as 40 bay Kettleman in California had a long line too (It's between Los Angeles and San Francisco!

There are ways to solve long line problem that as you suggested: don't charge when the stations are crowded such as 2AM in the darkness, and working days, not holidays.

Or, if people have money, they can use 520 mile battery to skip a crowded station.

Reactions: Spacep0d
Roadster will be $250K with the SpaceX package + tax/title/fees.

in California when I ran it against the DMV it was an extra $25K for all of that stuff so approaching $270K. That’s without autopilot and FSD so add another $12K for that (I’m not factoring in the subscription if it becomes available).

I didn't say Roadster with Space X I said Roadster. I sure as *sugar* don't want that thing driving me around either. Everything you added to make your point is equal to the Plaid Model S.

Plaid Model S starts at $140k.
Roadster starts at $200k.

Having driving dynamics more like a Model 3 than a Model S is worth at least $60k. :)

Many people sleep or go to work at non-peak times (non-holidays).

No doubt. Not a vehicle problem but still there's a waiting problem if I wanted to go on last Labor day weekend as 40 bay Kettleman in California had a long line too (It's between Los Angeles and San Francisco!

There are ways to solve long line problem that as you suggested: don't charge when the stations are crowded such as 2AM in the darkness, and working days, not holidays.

Or, if people have money, they can use 520 mile battery to skip a crowded station.
They're building another huge charger along the corridor.

Tesla's Largest Supercharger Goes Up Quietly: 56 Stalls, Restaurant

Reactions: Tam
Why would I want to spend $140K on a car that is 0.3+ secs faster when its already crazy fast, looks exactly the same, as same quality/interior/exterior, tri-motor (when its a sedan and dual is fine), but yes can go 100+ miles more in range (but for most, 99% of the time you never worry about range)?

Wished they would have focused on some other big exterior/interior and quality updates IMHO.

There's no way they're not going to give it a refresh. They have to!

Ordered. It’s a refundable deposit and it’s a long way out. Figure might as well kick in the FSD just in case they solve it in that time and FSD itself is $40k! lol

They said the $25k car is going to be FSD, so I wouldn't worry about FSD price going up.

Ok, be honest. Who else thinks the Plaid delay was an “Elon Audible” to arbitrarily kick the date out a year, pick specs from thin air that are the tiniest bit better than Lucid’s, and figure out the details of how to do it in the interim?

Yeah, so Nikola to show only videos of a working factory or or FF videos of a driving car. Well, we know what happened to those.

I ordered it literally 30 seconds after Elon said “available for pre-order now”...30 sec and order button was pressed. Hope I get one of the first. I also hope it has a revised interior/exterior/aero something cool and different.

Hope they work out the kinks before the 1st comes out ;)

Last edited: