Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered my MS Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still the old form factor - 18650 but it is new chemistry in the batteries and new cooling/heat pump system for the battery pack.

Curious if the new cells are gaining as much as the 2170's did on the M3. That was a 5% gain on mileage. If similar gains happened with the 18650's, they should've added about 20 miles of range on the MS.

One thing I noticed in looking over the order page for the model S is no mention of air suspension or of suspension at all. Did I miss something? Or did Tesla? Or is it potentially gone?

It's still there. It's in the photos of the skateboard and at the top of the design screen ("All models include adaptive air suspension and premium interior and sound...") in most countries but missing in the US. Also there's no reason to suspect they'd want to get rid of it. In addition to continuing to develop the suspension tuning capabilities on the Raven, Elon has talked about how it's a critical feature and will be linked with FSD blah blah.

Reactions: Zer0t
Maybe it was commented on before and missed it, but did you all see 200 rated miles gained in 15 minutes of charge?
Yep it’s on Tesla’s site, this will make it the fastest road tripping EV in the world.
Model S
c2b0b187-f834-4bf8-b9b7-603284c4780a

Maybe it was commented on before and missed it, but did you all see 200 rated miles gained in 15 minutes of charge?

If we assume a consistent 250kW charge at a v3 supercharger, then 15 minutes could give up to 62.5kWh of energy. Getting 200 miles out of that is only 312Wh/mi. So it's really tough to tell what this fairly meaningless figure means. It could mean anything from "in an ideal world that will never happen, this car's efficiency is 18% worse than the previous Raven LR+" to "In a real world where you barely scrape 250kW and average more like 80kW, this car's consumption is less than 50% our previous model". I don't know what it tells us, although the weight reduction implies, to me, that the new pack is more like 85-90kWh usable vs the previous ~95kWh or so. That, plus some faster charging curves with improved thermal performance, would probably say it's ~10% more efficient, putting it in model 3 territory for consumption, and ~10% faster charging compared to Raven battery packs.

Didn't they advertise "1000mph" charging for the Model 3? That corresponds to 250kW charging and 250Wh/mi consumption, so peak charge and rated consumption, roughly.

That would mean that the EPA range available increases by 200 miles in the first 15 minutes of charging. Compare to the MX and M3 at 175 miles and MY at 162 miles. Assuming 95kWh useable this will be ~46kWh added.

Like most product claims, probably assumes a perfect storm of optimal conditions you would rarely see in practice.

I'd be happy to see 200 miles in 30 min...after batterygate part deux

If the car has a 100kwh battery, and goes 412 miles, then we know we are getting approx 4.12 miles per kwh, lets call it 4. 200/4 = 50 kwh in 15 minutes.
Many factors to consider.
State of charge is a key factor.
Theoretically, our Model 3 can achieve a rate of charge of 1,000 mph.
I have observed rates as high 646 mph (189kw) on my 2018 MS100D which is clearly not optimized for v3 superchargers.
Of course that was brief and at a moderately low state of charge.
(See image below)
So sustaining an average 800 mph for 15 minutes at a very low state of charge doesn’t seem impossible for a system that has been optimized.
Of course increased efficiency (Watts per mile) closer to what a Model 3 gets would obviously impact charging rates dramatically.
40A1DFBD-1D46-42AF-9EA6-BFC9780F2491.jpeg