Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered on 3/17/2019, assigned a 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think my sales guy may be lying to me. We're comparing two cars with different discounts, and he's saying that car A (originally assigned to me before they changed the VIN since that car had some hardware upgrade required before sale) had a higher discount because it had full self driving (FSD), which is a higher price, and thus a higher discount. Seems like BS because:
1. FSD vs not FSD is merely software controlled. I imagine the same vehicle (with the same discount) can go to customers requesting either configuration.
2. They had that car assigned to me originally without FSD configured and communicated the full discount.

I told him I need time to think it over, but to update the contract to have the slightly lower car B discount. He offered $200 in Tesla store credit in addition to help make up the difference somewhat.

Congrats! I bought an inventory model with a November build and was not offered a discount. I suspect whether or not you get a discount depends entirely on the store and/or person you are dealing with. I have no regrets though and I love this car!