Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered on phone, no confirmation number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a SR over the phone on Friday with a sales rep in CA. My card was even charged 2500. However, they still don't have a confirmation number for me yet. They mentioned that it's an issue on their end.

Anybody else place an order over the phone and have the same issue? If one places an order online, and it succeeds, what should they see under their account?

...If one places an order online, and it succeeds, what should they see under their account?

You should get an account number that looks like Order Number RN123456789 from your e-mail with an attachment of Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement on the same day.

It will also reflect on your Tesla Account web page shortly.

nFYZGwIZ3zlMCNztW8l0OXAZGMnbGZtMiodwR12Tqd0FDO3k4W_NASr2zXODtKOe2ZLZJj60PmCQgK3iPZZETaNxYjJc6YARUhxJt0xFwphlX3k3UQWTd1o=s0-d-e1-ft

SLFVpPyWuDcAoqNkxjftGF3u0os9WJ6vRiQ7HVB_jsSvvXqdJJBH8Yuk51ilkY1bqcSGGVcxCca6RNlF85q1XM68aui9gSaPJhtUjXGY32BFklsM7PGpSp2w3C4-WPJ9tSiS9z7JSZwY6kSRFgMP2ooHBezijlH7-hEjzm22E_rXiIJJqKonXOkxIbdUri99dCbGCIOiccgBEyY=s0-d-e1-ft

Thank You
Your Order is Confirmed
Next steps
To move forward in the delivery process, please visit your Tesla Account to confirm your registration information.
Order Number RN123456789
$2,500 Order Payment
$1,000 Reservation Payment
Total amount paid: $3,500
Your Model 3
Long Range Battery
Premium Upgrades
Solid Black Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Order Number
RN123456789

Order Deposit
Billed To
Tam

You should get an account number that looks like Order Number RN123456789 from your e-mail with an attachment of Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement on the same day.

It will also reflect on your Tesla Account web page shortly.

nFYZGwIZ3zlMCNztW8l0OXAZGMnbGZtMiodwR12Tqd0FDO3k4W_NASr2zXODtKOe2ZLZJj60PmCQgK3iPZZETaNxYjJc6YARUhxJt0xFwphlX3k3UQWTd1o=s0-d-e1-ft

SLFVpPyWuDcAoqNkxjftGF3u0os9WJ6vRiQ7HVB_jsSvvXqdJJBH8Yuk51ilkY1bqcSGGVcxCca6RNlF85q1XM68aui9gSaPJhtUjXGY32BFklsM7PGpSp2w3C4-WPJ9tSiS9z7JSZwY6kSRFgMP2ooHBezijlH7-hEjzm22E_rXiIJJqKonXOkxIbdUri99dCbGCIOiccgBEyY=s0-d-e1-ft

Thank You
Your Order is Confirmed
Next steps
To move forward in the delivery process, please visit your Tesla Account to confirm your registration information.
Order Number RN123456789
$2,500 Order Payment
$1,000 Reservation Payment
Total amount paid: $3,500
Your Model 3
Long Range Battery
Premium Upgrades
Solid Black Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Order Number
RN123456789

Order Deposit
Billed To
Tam
Thanks for that! Definitely didn’t get that.

There was a significant delay between ordering and receiving confirmation when I ordered the SR last Thursday. I checked my credit card and the $2500 charge posted immediately. I suspect they might be overwhelmed with the number of orders coming in since the announced of $35k version. I suggest waiting a day and then calling if you still don't have a confirmation number.

Good luck!

So they charge a $1k reservation on top of the price shown on the web page plus S&L and taxes?

$1,000 is refundable reservation payment while waiting for 2 years prior to accessing ordering page.
$2,500 is non-refundable order payment

I am not sure you have to do a "reservation" anymore because everyone is able to access ordering page without waiting.

I too ordered a Model 3 SR+ online on Mar 1st. I got a weird error "
There was an error processing your order. Please try Please try again ✕". Weird thing is, my credit card got charged $2,500 right away. I talked to a rep and they can't find my RN number or anything. I have been waiting and checking my email and Tesla account for the RN or any mention of the Model 3 SR+ i just ordered. It has been 4 days and heard nothing back from Tesla or got any email but the $2,500 charged is posted.

I too ordered a Model 3 SR+ online on Mar 1st. I got a weird error "
There was an error processing your order. Please try Please try again ✕". Weird thing is, my credit card got charged $2,500 right away. I talked to a rep and they can't find my RN number or anything. I have been waiting and checking my email and Tesla account for the RN or any mention of the Model 3 SR+ i just ordered. It has been 4 days and heard nothing back from Tesla or got any email but the $2,500 charged is posted.
That's EXACTLY what happened with me. I called and they said it's a known issue. Not sure what I should do. Do I cancel and re-order? Or do I just wait and hope they sort it out.