Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering a Inventory 2019 Standard Range Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering ordering an inventory 2019 Standard Range Model S to save some cash. I would potentially either trade in or privately sell my 2015 85D.

I see them going for around 71-73k. The way I look at it is, it has ALL of the latest hardware improvements including AP 3.0, Suspension, etc but doesn't have the newer battery tech which allows for slightly better acceleration, increased range and faster charging times. To me personally, I don't think that is worth an extra 8-10k as I don't need the range as I rarely take long trips. In 3 years I have owned my 85D, I have never needed more range or for it to charge faster. Am I missing anything here?

Also - Does anyone know what Tesla charges for transportation for these cars? For example, if the car is in LA and I am in NY? Is it still 2k? It says so for Used Inventory for new Inventory, there is no mention of it.

Lastly, my 85D has a wrap on it (Autoflex). I am pretty sure Tesla or Carmax would make me take this off before I trade it in, but would love to hear otherwise from anyone else?

Be aware that not all 2019 cars are Ravens. We had an early 2019 Long Range X that came out with AP3 a couple of weeks before the Raven hardware.

I believe the Raven vehicles can get up to 200 kW but think the earlier models are limited to 150 kW maximum.

Be aware that not all 2019 cars are Ravens. We had an early 2019 Long Range X that came out with AP3 a couple of weeks before the Raven hardware.

I believe the Raven vehicles can get up to 200 kW but think the earlier models are limited to 150 kW maximum.

Yes, the standard range from my understanding are ALL ranges. There was a short period of time where Tesla had these available before they retired them in favor or Long Range and Performance tiers. They have AP 3.0 and have the newer raven suspension, but are missing the battery enhancements.

They will lowball you on trade in. You will lose a lot. Sell it on internet. I bought from private owner in Atlanta.
It may not have HW3. I have a standard Raven built in July; when the traffic cone update came out and I couldn't see them, I started to suspect something was amis. I opened up the dash to take a look and sure enough... HW2.5

EV-CPO's been saying they are AP3.0 but not sure how accurate that is. Can you tell by VIN number? Also I believe Elon did state, 2.5HW will be able to upgrade to 3.0HW at some point, right?

EV-CPO's been saying they are AP3.0 but not sure how accurate that is. Can you tell by VIN number? Also I believe Elon did state, 2.5HW will be able to upgrade to 3.0HW at some point, right?
You can't tell AP hardware from the VIN. If the option codes are correct on Tesla's site then they should be correct on @EV-CPO.

Yes, they have already been upgrading 2019 Model S and Model X that have AP2.5 hardware to AP3 hardware.

Reactions: EV-CPO

Unfortunately, the option codes for new Inventory cars are ambiguous on if they are HW2.5 or HW3.0 cars. So EV-CPO displays these as "~3.0" meaning "most likely 3.0" and if not, they are HW2.5 upgradable to 3.0 with FSD ("APF2 Full Self-Driving Capability").

A while ago, Tesla curtailed including all the option codes for inventory cars, and now only list "APBS Autopilot" which could mean 2.5 or 3.0.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker