Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering before the end of the quarter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning on pulling the trigger on a MYP before the end of the month and trading in my X to take advantage of the FSD transfer. Thinking of the Ultra Red or Stealth Gray, but am having a hard time justifying the incremental cost. Spoke with a Tesla Advisor and she said that there would be an additional $2k discount within 48 hours once I purchase so that makes it a little more appealing. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, does it come of a gray order too? Thanks in advance
ps I also am a CT foundation holder, but decided I don’t want it, and the TA confirmed that if I cancel the order they will refund the $1000 too

Planning on pulling the trigger on a MYP before the end of the month and trading in my X to take advantage of the FSD transfer. Thinking of the Ultra Red or Stealth Gray, but am having a hard time justifying the incremental cost. Spoke with a Tesla Advisor and she said that there would be an additional $2k discount within 48 hours once I purchase so that makes it a little more appealing. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, does it come of a gray order too? Thanks in advance
ps I also am a CT foundation holder, but decided I don’t want it, and the TA confirmed that if I cancel the order they will refund the $1000 too

The FSD offer says "take delivery" not "order". By waiting it sounds to me like you are setting yourself up for disappointment, unless you have been told by someone in tesla you can order, and take delivery on one of your desired colors, before March 31st of 2024

=================================

Full Self-Driving Capability Transfers​

Customers who take delivery of a new Tesla vehicle between February 3, 2024 and March 31, 2024 may qualify for transferring Full Self-Driving (FSD) capability from their current vehicle to their new vehicle.

Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for this offer, you must:

• Have your new Tesla vehicle delivered between February 3, 2024 and March 31, 2024;

Confirmed that existing Tesla owners get free interior or exterior color upgrade on the Y.

are they offering a good value on the X?

I decided to upgrade my 2021 MYLR with FSD to a 2024 MYLR Stealth Grey this week and to be sure i’d get the FSD transfer, i kept monitoring my local inventory for “available for immediate pickup” and jumped on one yesterday and picked up today. FSD Transfer was nearly instant after i accepted delivery although it took about 70 miles of driving for the cameras to calibrate enough to use it.

Not sure what year your X is but my 2021 MY was so much better put together than my coworkers 2017/18 X so i can’t imagine how much better a MYP would be!

Go for it!

To clarify, do you mean the Tesla advisor told you to hold off purchase since there will be a $2k discount within 48 hours? Do you personally know this advisor or just formal discussion? Is it just for MYP or would apply to other trims too?

No inside knowledge, but my observation is that there aren't enough buyers for colors like grey or black under current 10% off inventory discount (for MYLR). Tesla needs to offer more than 10%, would they do it? Doubt many could tell you for certain.

By the way, Tesla just sent out an email saying they would do a Twitter/X live answering questions about Model Y tomorrow noon PDT. I personally would not pull my trigger before that, as they should focus their efforts after the event.

Last edited:
Reactions: KromiX
To clarify, do you mean the Tesla advisor told you to hold off purchase since there will be a $2k discount within 48 hours? Do you personally know this advisor or just formal discussion? Is it just for MYP or would apply to other trims too?

No inside knowledge, but my observation is that there aren't enough buyers for colors like grey or black under current 10% off inventory discount (for MYLR). Tesla needs to offer more than 10%, would they do it? Doubt many could tell you for certain.

By the way, Tesla just sent out an email saying they would do a Twitter/X live answering questions about Model Y tomorrow noon PDT. I personally would not pull my trigger before that, as they should focus their efforts after the event.

I also want to know, would GLADLY cancel my order lose $250 for another $2k off.....

Reactions: PA_EV_New
Where did you get this info from? I dont see it on the Tesla website even after I login.

f4qhfyqhm6nc1.jpeg

and the Cybertruck discount:

GJHD6dOW0AA6rPE.jpeg