Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering Cardenio wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dcmpls

LR/21s/MSM/White
Jun 20, 2021
Minneapolis
Hoping to get my Model S before winter, but curious if anyone has had an experience ordering wheels from the service center. SA mentioned this can be done through the app, but I'd love to know what the price is typically compared to a wheel package from TSportline. Definitely appreciate all thoughts as this will be my first Tesla.

Last edited:
Hello!
Not sure what Cardenio wheels are, but you won’t be able to get anything aftermarket through the Tesla service center. I would do some research since the wheel dimension an offset has changed on the new 2021 MS. Enjoy your new car when it comes!
Either way, I highly recommend 20” wheels on the model S, it’s a great compromise between the 19’s and 21”. T sport line has 20 inch wheels for model S but they are their forged options and pretty expensive as wheels go. If you have some time to wait you can order some forged wheels through getyourwheels.com as I did and get a set of custom Ford wheels/tires for a fair amount cheaper. Or, wait for T sport line non-forged 20” options

Last edited:
Hello!
Not sure what Cardenio wheels are, but you won’t be able to get anything aftermarket through the Tesla service center. I would do some research since the wheel dimension an offset has changed on the new 2021 MS. Enjoy your new car when it comes!
Either way, I highly recommend 20” wheels on the model S, it’s a great compromise between the 19’s and 21”. T sport line has 20 inch wheels for model S but they are their forged options and pretty expensive as wheels go. If you have some time to wait you can order some forged wheels through getyourwheels.com as I did and get a set of custom Ford wheels/tires for a fair amount cheaper. Or, wait for T sport line non-forged 20” options

Really appreciate the response! Cardenio is the new name for the 19" MS wheels. I'd love to know your thoughts on 20" for winter driving and potholes as I'm definitely considering that as an alternative when flow-forged options arrive from TSportline.

One thing is for sure, I cannot find any all-season tires that will fit the new rear 21" wheels. So it will need to be a smaller wheel for safe winter driving.
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 7.04.45 PM.png

Reactions: Drew-MS
Ah, got it. I have to say, now that the 21s and the 19s are both staggered, wider and have a new offset, I don’t know what a good recommendation would be for aftermarket 20 inch wheel dimensions. I can say that with 20 inch wheels w/ Michelin pilot a/S sport 3+ I’ve had zero issues with potholes. I’ve also never had a single chance to drive them in the snow, but they seem to get good reviews. You should just call the guys at get your wheels and see what experience they have had ordering wheels for the new MS.