Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering stats on latest Model X's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We live in a world of instant gratification. It is interesting to watch Tesla buck the trend with long wait times and poor customer service. The latter baffles me even more.
Don't get me started. If I did not love these cars so much I would NEVER drop $150k for one.

I must say, though, the SC folks have been AWESOME to me. I've rarely needed them on my S, but once, when I had an accident, they completely rocked it for me. My insurance sent me to a different company because the Tesla authorized shop was so backed up and the SC guys worked with them to get my parts in, realign my car, and then basically validated for me that they did it right.

My OA guys have been awesome, a couple of them have very pricey scotch coming to them. And, frankly, once the lines of communication finally opened up the DS' have been pretty good. I think a lot of this is that at this time of year they are truly overwhelmed with orders (considering how many people pulled the trigger when it became apparent that the federal tax credit might go away) and they are trying to juggle a TON of requests.

The other hard part is that, I'm sure, the factory is overwhelmed trying to get as many units out as possible for the qtr.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of this conspired against you, with a possible defect during build which might've delayed you further.

I hope it's perfect when you finally take delivery next week. While I doubt it will be, I really have no doubt that they will work to make it so...their ownership customer service really has been second to none in my book. Had Porsche/Audi been more attentive to my wife and I, I probably would have bought a Porsche 3 years ago instead of the Tesla S (and now a $150k X)...their loss for lack of customer attention/detail.

Send pics when you get it (after you wipe that stupid grin off your face that you are sure to get)!

Good to hear the service center is awesome. Hopefully I won't need to contact them much. If I am not crazy about the car, I would never have put up with the customer service. BMW, Infinity, Mercedes, you name it, would never have treated customers this way. There is lack of follow through with OAs for pre-purchase questions, never returned calls. Have to go to the showroom, and they keep promising to get back on questions but never happened. I hear it's luck of the draw depending on location and staff. I asked a few questions so far. Guess the holidays will be telling if the ball gets dropped totally.

Last edited:
Good to hear the service center is awesome. Hopefully I won't need to contact them much. If I am not crazy about the car, I would never have put up with the customer service. BMW, Infinity, Mercedes, you name it, would never have treated customers this way. There is lack of follow through with OAs for pre-purchase questions, never returned calls. Have to go to the showroom, and they keep promising to get back on questions but never happened. I hear it's luck of the draw depending on location and staff. I asked a few questions so far. Guess the holidays will be telling if the ball gets dropped totally.
Just so you know, the OA's have very little access to info as compared to the DS'...so there's only so much they can do. They can try to push the DS to get you more info, but beyond that their hands are pretty tied.

Ironically, the SpaceX guys are two floors below mine (lobbyists tend to work together) and they have been a good source of intel for me - they call corporate. Sometimes it's who you know that matters more, unfortunately.

BTW - This morning one of their new 3's was parked next to my S...pretty damn cool little car.

Good luck

Last edited: