Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering strangeness?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
placed a custom order for a model 3 on 1st November.then saw an inventory car and phoned to swap for that .told it’s a January delivery.i asked if there was anything else I could get sooner but no.then the next day there’s exactly the same spec on inventory location Southampton.then next day same again at another uk location.
Now you would think someone would contact me to find out if I was interested but no.it definitely feels like a lottery and no one has their finger on the pulse..it’s a P3D white on white.
There is a white with black interior at Edinburgh on inventory but I prefer white after seeing it in real l life and wifey agrees.The other uk cars with my spec are at the other end of the uk.will they transport up or would I need to travel down if interested ?

Now you would think someone would contact me to find out if I was interested but no.it definitely feels like a lottery and no one has their finger on the pulse.
I’m sorry you’re only just realising this.

To the thousands sat with unmatched VINs for the last few months will agree unfortunately.

In theory inventory shouldn’t exist as they should either be matched to existing (waiting) orders, or, contact existing orders and ask if they’d swap to it (maybe different wheels/colour etc).