Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering Tesla Parts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jason71

May 8, 2019
Shropshire
I hit a big puddle (very big) at about 50mph and damaged my rear undertray. A known weakest I believe but I still doubt Tesla will fix it under warranty and even if they would the next service appointments are months away and all midweek ( I assume weekends is a thing?) which does not work for me.
Since it is only held on by a few bolts I could get any garage to fit it or even do it myself. So the question is how would I go about ordering the part. I can't see anything about parts on Tesla's website?
I have seen a few references [email protected] but most of them were in the context of not getting a reply.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Agree DIY is probably way to go on this, but any way of telling if it failed due to missing bolts? Then it would be a warranty claim.
Well I could remove a couple of the bolts I suppose.....
but DIY does me no good if I can't actually get the part so hopefully they will reply if I email them.
The other worry is it could easily happen again. I do a lot of driving in Wales.
Toying with the idea of repairing it using fibreglass which is much more robust. A lot more work but cheaper and much much stronger. might actually survive a similar event in future....

I hit a big puddle (very big) at about 50mph and damaged my rear undertray. A known weakest I believe but I still doubt Tesla will fix it under warranty and even if they would the next service appointments are months away and all midweek ( I assume weekends is a thing?) which does not work for me.
Since it is only held on by a few bolts I could get any garage to fit it or even do it myself. So the question is how would I go about ordering the part. I can't see anything about parts on Tesla's website?
I have seen a few references [email protected] but most of them were in the context of not getting a reply.
Any suggestions appreciated.
They do eventually reply to that email address. I sent them an email a couple of weeks ago asking about official mud flaps, but they’re only available in Norway in Europe :confused:

The reply took five days for me.