Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering two different colors MYP's and taking the first one.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a white model YP on order estimated delivery 8/8/22-9/20/22 to the Chicago area. Color is not a huge factor to me. I like white and red the most. It seems that white is taking the longest by everything I read. I don't want to change my order and risk being reset. Considering ordering a second order of a red MYP and taking the one that arrives first and cancelling the other one. $250 is a small price to pay for a car 1-3 months early with interest rates, gas savings and driving a car better than the one I currently had to borrow. Whats everyones thoughts on this idea? The only con I can think of it throwing away the $250

If $250 is not an issue, I think you should go ahead to order one. If the model Y LR gets to be pushed further in next year, I might start check out other EVs and forgo the deposit.
I was close to buying an Ev6, then I watch some videos on charging and quickly abandoned that idea. There are way too many non tesla charger horror stories. I personally wont look to another brand until the non tesla charging network has time to be better, maybe a couple years. about the second order. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger, not because of the $250 but because of the $2000 extra cost for red and wondering if it really would be here sooner since It's a month after my white order date already

I was close to buying an Ev6, then I watch some videos on charging and quickly abandoned that idea. There are way too many non tesla charger horror stories. I personally wont look to another brand until the non tesla charging network has time to be better, maybe a couple years. about the second order. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger, not because of the $250 but because of the $2000 extra cost for red and wondering if it really would be here sooner since It's a month after my white order date already
Actually, I read the other post that the gas money(depending on where you are) May cost as much as the 2000 extra for red if you would have to wait for 3-4 mos extra.

Hmmm… I am thinking I might want to order another Model Y LR and upgrade a different color to see if I can get it sooner.

I trying to find out more info on what dates people are getting now for performance orders. I saw one on Facebook from 6/11 that had an EDD of October -November. But it was white so not a good guide for me. But it was already longer then Tesla is saying on the website. They are still saying August-October

I trying to find out more info on what dates people are getting now for performance orders. I saw one on Facebook from 6/11 that had an EDD of October -November. But it was white so not a good guide for me. But it was already longer then Tesla is saying on the website. They are still saying August-October
Ordered 6/5/22 MSM then changed to black. EDD is Aug 22-Oct 2.

So far my idea that white takes a little longer to get hasn't panned out. I ordered the additional red a week ago and it is still EDD Aug 28th -October 8th. The White MYP I ordered first updated the day after I ordered the second red MYP to August 8th -September 12. I'm now glad that the red isn't slatted to come first as it made me realize I really like the white much more. but it looks like I wasted $250. If the red comes first I would still take it but not leaning that way. I will update on any EDD changes. I half wonder if it pushes the white up at all with the red adding to the number of Teslas on order from a specific Tesla location.

Reactions: mrazndead
So far my idea that white takes a little longer to get hasn't panned out. I ordered the additional red a week ago and it is still EDD Aug 28th -October 8th. The White MYP I ordered first updated the day after I ordered the second red MYP to August 8th -September 12. I'm now glad that the red isn't slatted to come first as it made me realize I really like the white much more. but it looks like I wasted $250. If the red comes first I would still take it but not leaning that way. I will update on any EDD changes. I half wonder if it pushes the white up at all with the red adding to the number of Teslas on order from a specific Tesla location.
Did you order before the price increase?

Buy if and resell the one you don't want and make way more money vs losing 250. Believe me someone or w dealer will buy it off of you. Even for 1k profit. But it will be more like 5+k profit .
It's crossed my mind, depends on the state of the economy at that point in time. The dealers are selling the MYP with under 50 miles for 83,000 on average right now, but I'm not sure people are buying them at that price. They don't seem to be disappearing from the websites.

They are all on carvana but they say what local dealer they are at. No FSD on them
Ahhh....yes. Carvana overpays so they have to hyper inflate. This contributes to the insane used car market.

My cousin drove his last M3 for 2 years and sold it to carvanna for more than he paid for his new one....plus being in NJ and buying the original when tesla still has a few dollars in fed tax credit, made like 15k on the sale. Insane.