Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon buyers: 2022 Tesla 3 and Y are not currently eligible for Oregon EV rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a heads up for those that recently took, and about to, delivery of your 3 or Y that 2022’s are not currently eligible for the Oregon EV rebate. This came as a big surprise to me since it’s a rebate that I was budgeting for when I ordered my new car.

I called their customer service line and they just said they’re aware that the 2022’s are not currently eligible and to keep checking the rebate website for updates. The rep said ”there’s a high likelihood that 2022 Tesla’s will be added very soon”. But I’m guessing this won’t happen due to the increase in the base price and how they laid out the pricing on the order agreement.

It probably has to do with there no longer being a lower tier SR, but the order agreement for my 2020 MYLR showed $41k for the car + $9k for LR. My new order agreement shows a single line item for $62k. Tesla’s website still shows $2500 incentive for Oregon but I know that‘s not binding.

I was really anticipating the full $5k rebate (including Charge Ahead) so disheartening to say the least to learn of this only after taking delivery. I’ll still enjoy my new car but it’s a lot of money that I was banking on.

It really depends on if DEQ accepts Tesla's application and statement that the base MSRP is less than 50k. There may be other incentives across the US that this could affect. Like you, one part of my 2022 Y order shows base price of 39,990, but my MVPA is single line item over 50k. Same thing happened though back in 2018, and Tesla/DEQ got it sorted out. I wouldn't be too worried yet, but I do understand the concern.

Reactions: DesertSilver
Yes, this happens every year. Wait until it the model year is approved by DEQ and then submit the documentation. The process takes a LONG time anyway - if you are very much budgeting on it, know it takes around 6 months to actually get the check after you submit the paperwork.

Yes, this happens every year. Wait until it the model year is approved by DEQ and then submit the documentation. The process takes a LONG time anyway - if you are very much budgeting on it, know it takes around 6 months to actually get the check after you submit the paperwork.

Hopefully you’re right. It wasn’t that I was looking for the money immediately, just that it played into the calculations I did when deciding to upgrade from an LR to P. :)

Hi Stephan,

I'm very disappointed with this too as I also just took delivery of my M3. Can you please refer me to the link where this filing and latest information resides so that I can track it?

Also, did you see my note (posted today) about trying to restart the "PDX Tesla Group"? Hopefully you have and will join me to help get this one going again.

Thanks,
-Howard

Hi Stephan,

I'm very disappointed with this too as I also just took delivery of my M3. Can you please refer me to the link where this filing and latest information resides so that I can track it?

Also, did you see my note (posted today) about trying to restart the "PDX Tesla Group"? Hopefully you have and will join me to help get this one going again.

Thanks,
-Howard
Here’s the link to the page I’m aware of that has the eligible vehicles.

And where’s the PDX Tesla Group? 😀

Here’s the link to the page I’m aware of that has the eligible vehicles.

And where’s the PDX Tesla Group? 😀
Hi again Stephan. I'm not sure I fully understand your question? As you likely know, the PDX Tesla Group is located out of Portland Oregon, and on the very same site as this Group (look under "Groups"). Your profile says you're in Portland as well- Correct?

2022 Model 3 and Y’s are still not currently eligible for Oregon EV rebate but I got an email from the rebate program today that they increased the Charge Ahead portion of the rebate (based on income eligibility) from $2.5k to $5k for deliveries starting from 1/1/2022.
I'm not sure I'm following? Is this email then saying if someone took pocession of an M3 2022 year model prior to January 1, 2022 (like I did in November), they would not qualify for the increase?

I'm not sure I'm following? Is this email then saying if someone took pocession of an M3 2022 year model prior to January 1, 2022 (like I did in November), they would not qualify for the increase?
Correct. You’d only be eligible for up to $2.5k for the Charge Ahead rebate if you took delivery before 2022, even if the car is a 2022. But it’s all a moot point if 2022’s never become eligible…

Correct. You’d only be eligible for up to $2.5k for the Charge Ahead rebate if you took delivery before 2022, even if the car is a 2022. But it’s all a moot point if 2022’s never become eligible…
Thanks for the clarification.

So I called the Oregon State folks again to ask about the 2022 M3 vehicle eligibility, and they said Tesla usually does submit the required documents but typically a bit late. However, we have 6 months from delivery to file for these two rebates (the Standard and Charge Ahead). So in my case, as long as the documents are filed by mid-May, I should be able to get the rebates. This person felt fairly confident Tesla forms will be in place by then.

And, you're also correct about the dollar amount dates. If I knew this beforehand, I would have delayed my delivery until January!!!

Reactions: DesertSilver
One other related thing... The only other Rebate/Incentive program I'm aware of is for the Tesla (hard-wired) Home Charger, where PGE customers can get a special $150 check. I received that small check in less than 3 weeks, which is better than nothing. (Note: All other non-Tesla chargers get refunds of up to $1,000, so hence my comment) . Are there any other programs out there that I might be missing??