Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Original 22" Turbine Wheels on a 2023 MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case you are wondering, the original 22" Model X Turbine wheels will fit on the refreshed MX. However, you will need to get the new Bluetooth TPMPS sensors to gain complete functionality. Enjoy!

55237F8E-EA28-437E-B68F-E63D2D8BDCEF_1_201_a.jpeg

5FD7A272-7965-4ECB-824D-4B34529F5EAB_1_102_a.jpeg

IMG_0896.jpeg

I am not sure. My friend who I swapped sensors with, was using the refresh 20" rims on his Raven, and he didn't say anything about dash lights. I wouldn't want to drive around without a TPMS though. It is really easy to not notice a flat tire on this car until its too late.
No spacers needed. The wheel specs are identical according to the users manual.

Looks fantastic. Thinking about ordering a set of these I found online for my 2023 MX that is being delivered next week. Presumably I can just take the TPMS sensors off the old wheels that the brand new 2023 car comes with? Or is that too much trouble? I see Tesla sells them for $100/piece

Looks fantastic. Thinking about ordering a set of these I found online for my 2023 MX that is being delivered next week. Presumably I can just take the TPMS sensors off the old wheels that the brand new 2023 car comes with? Or is that too much trouble? I see Tesla sells them for $100/piece
You could, but that will cost you money too. You can find cheaper TPMS sensors on eBay. Save your other wheels in case you need a backup.

How is the ride with the Scorpion Zeros you have there?
The ride is quiet and smooth as far as road noise is concerned. I came from a 2019 Raven with 20" wheels and I cant say that I notice much difference on the ride quality. Could be the updated suspension on the refresh.

These are the ELECT version Scorpion Zero, made specifically for heavy electric vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: theslimshadyist
The ride is quiet and smooth as far as road noise is concerned. I came from a 2019 Raven with 20" wheels and I cant say that I notice much difference on the ride quality. Could be the updated suspension on the refresh.

These are the ELECT version Scorpion Zero, made specifically for heavy electric vehicles.
What size tires did you go with and did you change to a square setup?

I assume you did your research but those wheels kill your range by a significant margin. If you go on road trips expect your usable range to be around 65% of the rated. My 2019 MX Raven came with those wheels and I decided to swap them out for the new 20" cyberstreams due to the range hit.

I assume you did your research but those wheels kill your range by a significant margin. If you go on road trips expect your usable range to be around 65% of the rated. My 2019 MX Raven came with those wheels and I decided to swap them out for the new 20" cyberstreams due to the range hit.

Not Op but I definitely was bummed to hear that the 22s are so bad for range and tire wear. I'm powder coating my OEM raven 20s next week to match the chrome delete. Can't stand the regular aluminum color it's so cheesy.