Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orlando EV friendly hotels for Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
planning on taking a trip to Orlando this summer. Any suggestions for EV friendly hotels for Teslas? I'm talking free parking, free charging, good Kwh speeds and several charge points.

Thanks in advance!

The first place to check would be Tesla's Find Us page. Turn off everything other than Destination Charging to see your options for overnight charging. Looks like Tesla has setup maybe 30 locations around Orlando with Destination Charging equipment, with almost all of them being hotels.

Find Us | Tesla

You could also check plugshare.com. PlugShare is nice because people leave comments on if the equipment is maintained/working and people also report instancing of the chargers being ICE'd.

You could also check plugshare.com. PlugShare is nice because people leave comments on if the equipment is maintained/working and people also report instancing of the chargers being ICE'd.

Note that the Web-based version of PlugShare has a filter option for amenities, including lodging. Using that, you can restrict the sites shown to those at or near lodging. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find this feature on the iOS or Android apps. A caveat: As PlugShare uses crowdsourced data, some of that data will be wrong. Thus, you might miss something, get a hit on a station that's not as advertised, be directed to the wrong address, etc.

I know from seeing them post in the TMC Florida forum that there are a couple of posters here on TMC who have vacation homes that are available for rent in the Orlando area with EVSE access included, either HPWC or J1772. Though, unfortunately, I don't remember which users right off the top of my head. And that subforum has a thread on the topic of Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations. It might be worthwhile to search for Orlando or Disney when limiting results to that thread only. Also, the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts group maintains a google Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations which might be useful.