Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

out of luck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure their profit margin is far greater on the X vs the 3/Y. They raised the price on the X Plaid because they probably were having high enough sales and they knew 3 days later they were going to offer to transfer FUSC to potential buyers - worked on me - otherwise I would not be buying. As to the Model 3, I suspect demand is down with a lot of people waiting for the refreshed Highland to be available in the States.
I think per unit the X margin is higher, but aggregate profit from the 3 or Y is larger because of volume. The X had a lot of fat built into its price to create the air of exclusivity. So, even with some of that trimmed, the unit profit is good because the design is older, costs are already accounted for, and the changes since inception are pretty modest.

Our local sales rep said that he thinks well get it before year's end. But that was before our EDD changed (now twice), to Dec. 19-February 13 :eek:
We took all screen shots of ordering with the EDD window at Nov-Dec. And yes, he said they are known to honor it, but I am not a very optimistic person by nature.
Ohh, if you actually believe everything a sales rep says, you'll be in for quite some disappointment. There's got to be a thread somewhere of all the clueless things that Tesla sales reps have said.

Reactions: ChiefRollo
I think per unit the X margin is higher, but aggregate profit from the 3 or Y is larger because of volume. The X had a lot of fat built into its price to create the air of exclusivity. So, even with some of that trimmed, the unit profit is good because the design is older, costs are already accounted for, and the changes since inception are pretty modest.
I am curious if this is true. It seems there's much to the X that's not only unique to the rest of Tesla's line up but also to the automobile industry. It's possible that for a flagship model, Tesla has been willing to de-prioritize margin...if there's any. Its design and feature set was deemed hubris by Elon in hindsight a few years ago; I wonder if it's not something Tesla has been trying to make the most of a bit of a lost cause.

Just saw a Stealth Gray X Plaid in transit in NY with 22's, yoke and cream interior $103,490 on the Tesla website 🤠 🤠 🤠
These also a demo with 19 miles on it in Mt. Kisco Tesla Red/cream interior for $96k. I’d would bite but NJ residents cannot purchase in NY. Look up Out of Spec Dave on YouTube, he purchased one in stock at old price last week..

I thought Tesla was non negotiable on price. I guess not.