Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of Spec Review of the CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Youtube ad blockers still work (for me), and you can just skip the in content ads.

There was a lot of discussion about the steering, but to be fair that's a huge change to the driving dynamics. Any driving performance review rightly should focus quite a bit of attention on that.

Reactions: ArchHamster
Youtube ad blockers still work (for me), and you can just skip the in content ads.

There was a lot of discussion about the steering, but to be fair that's a huge change to the driving dynamics. Any driving performance review rightly should focus quite a bit of attention on that.

the old blocker don t work very well wo constant tweakings... the one that works requires paid subscription...

when i say mandatory it s literally 30sec long wo ability to skip...

and yes the rambling is on many of his videos not just this video...

anyway this youtuber is an immature know it all - by now i m no longer impressed so i move on...

If you want something really polished and fluffy Out of Spec probably isn’t for you, but Kyle Conner is truly one of the world’s great EV nerds. I’ve listened to his podcasts for years. This video is pretty much a stream-of-consciousness ramble of his first drive, but I trust what he says more than all the other high-dollar puff pieces combined.

the old blocker don t work very well wo constant tweakings... the one that works requires paid subscription...

when i say mandatory it s literally 30sec long wo ability to skip...

and yes the rambling is on many of his videos not just this video...

anyway this youtuber is an immature know it all - by now i m no longer impressed so i move on...
Not relevant to this particular video, but I use uBlock Origin and SponsorBlock for the best YouTube experience. The former blocks YT site ads, and the latter employs user-uploaded segments that you can choose to skip automatically. For instance, you can choose to always skip sponsor segments and intros, and if that video has the segments uploaded by someone else, the plug-in will skip those automatically. Also works on Android with YouTube ReVanced, but that one is a little more difficult to set up.

Reactions: SilverGS
The whole range test video was a joke. It seemed like a kid in a candy store just hastily stuffing his face because he had his hands on a CT. Let some guy "look around" the CT after he let them borrow his J adapter after running the CT to zero SOC.

• Disagree
Reactions: gsmith123
A joke? They ran the truck at 70 mph (for most of the test), ran it totally out of battery and documented the test conditions.

That’s all I really care about in a rigorous range test.

Sounds like your priority is polished entertainment, not a well controlled range test. That’s fine but Out Of Spec may not be your cup of tea.
i have no issues with that test at all. and for all those claiming that 49 F is "bitterly cold" ... maybe that's not the point we should be making. for large parts of the US that's average daytime highs for many months of the year

The whole range test video was a joke. It seemed like a kid in a candy store just hastily stuffing his face because he had his hands on a CT. Let some guy "look around" the CT after he let them borrow his J adapter after running the CT to zero SOC.

Of course it was a joke. I’d rather see the 100th, “I wrapped my CT video and people pointed and took pictures.”

what's going on with this guy? smashing carrots??? pathetic that he aims some of his videos to 6 years old.
just pointing out that the autoclosing frunk has *NO* pressure sensor and if you don't have your bogger fingers away from it ... it'll chop off your fingers thanks to the sharp stainless steal panels and cost cutting with no pressure sensor. The Rivian they tested has a pressure sensor in the frunk.

pressure sensors for power windows and auto closing trunks (?) are mandatory.

just pointing out that the autoclosing frunk has *NO* pressure sensor and if you don't have your bogger fingers away from it ... it'll chop off your fingers thanks to the sharp stainless steal panels and cost cutting with no pressure sensor. The Rivian they tested has a pressure sensor in the frunk.

pressure sensors for power windows and auto closing trunks (?) are mandatory.
The result will be that you cannot close the frunk remotely, if there is no pressure sensor. So walk way close will not work.