Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of warranty repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ShockOnT, I have the same issue, ie, ‘Vehicle Connection Error’ when using the App to link with the car. And Tesla tell me they can’t access the car remotely either.
Also, simultaneously, the 32 Amp, Single Phase HPWC (early 2015 vintage) will not charge the vehicle at present. Am presently relying on our Tesla supplied 10 Amp charge cable to maintain our battery levels, whilst we are in the UK ! So, ‘fun & games’ when we get home !

ShockOnT, I have the same issue, ie, ‘Vehicle Connection Error’ when using the App to link with the car. And Tesla tell me they can’t access the car remotely either.
Also, simultaneously, the 32 Amp, Single Phase HPWC (early 2015 vintage) will not charge the vehicle at present. Am presently relying on our Tesla supplied 10 Amp charge cable to maintain our battery levels, whilst we are in the UK ! So, ‘fun & games’ when we get home !
I’d recommend that you send a friend around to check that your car has some healthy state of charge.
A number of Tesla Roadsters were bricked when there owners went away, something went wrong with the charger and the car went flat and was bricked. Less likely on a Model S but I would check anyway.

I’d recommend that you send a friend around to check that your car has some healthy state of charge.
A number of Tesla Roadsters were bricked when there owners went away, something went wrong with the charger and the car went flat and was bricked. Less likely on a Model S but I would check anyway.

Tks Meloccom, Have our son from Melbourne able to do that in our absence. Thankfully he has been able ‘save our bacon’ already, after the battery kms got down to 80, by taking it to 2 of the Destination Chargers in Warrnambool’s main street, plus some limited use of the city’s Supercharger at the Flying Horse Inn. No issues at all whilst away for many months in 2015 & 2017 - all OK then.