Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outside the Tesla charging nerwork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i had a little business to do in Scotland so had a drive up over a week ago for a few days..I have a Chargeplace Scotland card and had no problems whatsoever even although it was horrible weather..All Charging was effortless whether Superchargers or not..I hope you really enjoy your M3.

Best wishes,

do you need the RFID card because the mobile signal using the app is unreliable?

do you need the RFID card because the mobile signal using the app is unreliable?

Not sure if it's phone coverage or charger capability but some only seem to work with card. Eg the one at Crianlarich
Screenshot_20200301-180920_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Roy W.

Well,yes I did pay the £20 last year and that was my first opportunity to try it out...

The problem is that many of the CYC chargers are in quite rural spots, and depending on your network, you may or may not have sufficient signal. The card is £20 well spent in my view, although I fail to see why it’s £20 a year!

I agree it is money well spent especially as most charging is free up North.

Reactions: AnthonyLR