TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Outstanding mailing from Goodyear!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NigelM, Jan 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I'm tempted to drive down there, present the coupon and ask them to change my oil......

photo.JPG

2. GlennAlanBerry

That would be funny! I wonder how long it would take them to figure out the problem?

3. Zythryn

Zythryn M3 Silver, M3 Midnight Silver

I wonder if they would wait 10 minutes, then thank you for your business and charge you for the service?

4. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Or you might get an Elise back ;)

5. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

Ask them for 5 gallons of prop wash and a 100 yards of flight line while your at it :)

6. Martini

Martini Member

And a bucket of prop pitch!

7. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I LOVE it!!! Reminds me of when I took my car to my detailer the first time. I asked if he had ever done a Tesla before. "Oh yeah! I have literally done every kinda car on the road." I responded by asking him what all would be included? His response--"The exterior, including wheels and tires. Seats, flooring, dash and rear deck. Inside of the trunk and even the engine." Really??!! The engine?? as I popped the frunk. "Sure, but I already know the engine is in the back on these kinda cars, right?" I am still chuckling over that exchange!

8. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I hate these mailers and wish there were a universal "leave me alone" list. I'm assuming they get the info from car registration records?

Heh, did you let him do it anyway?

9. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I just asked him what discount I could get if I told him NOT to do the "engine". He gave me a $50 reduction in his normal pricing. But in exchange for the discount he wanted pictures to post to his website. I thought it a fair exchange and negotiated a the same discount EVERY time I bring it to him. He allowed for that so we are both happy.

10. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

Brilliant! Nice on the fly negotiating :biggrin: