Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OVMS For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have decided that after several failed attempts to make the OVMS function I am selling it. :mad:
It includes the module, wiring harness, GPS Antenna, & GMS Antenna. Everything comes in the original packaging.
Selling price for everything is $175.00 + $15.00 shipping via USPS Priority Medium Flat Rate Box.

CAR3NUT, I didn't have OVMS, and my car's charge wire that I thought was connected to keep car in storage mode was not getting current. Long story cut short is I was lucky not to brick my battery. That's when I decided to get OVMS. It will send alerts when there are issues.

I will Skype with you to help you, if you wish.

Reactions: hcsharp
The best all around way to make it work hands down is to send it to mark, let him see it up, plug it in and enjoy the app for what it is, mine showed the PEM at 104degrees, it’s okay, I can tell when it’s charged and when it’s not, that alone is worth a sleepless night. Forget the extra parts of the app, you can see what your state of charge is and that’s worth it. If a simpleton like me can work it ( despite ignoring the temps) then you can too, the hardest part is sitting with a laptop in a WiFi area and going through the steps slowly and one at a time, you can’t jump or thin you know what comes next. To be honest the worst alert I had was in a bad neighborhood and it said my car may be on a tow truck, that was plain scary. But the charging control is totally worth the perseverance

The best all around way to make it work hands down is to send it to mark, let him see it up, plug it in and enjoy the app for what it is, mine showed the PEM at 104degrees, it’s okay, I can tell when it’s charged and when it’s not, that alone is worth a sleepless night. Forget the extra parts of the app, you can see what your state of charge is and that’s worth it. If a simpleton like me can work it ( despite ignoring the temps) then you can too, the hardest part is sitting with a laptop in a WiFi area and going through the steps slowly and one at a time, you can’t jump or thin you know what comes next. To be honest the worst alert I had was in a bad neighborhood and it said my car may be on a tow truck, that was plain scary. But the charging control is totally worth the perseverance

X.l.r.9, given current shipping delays, shipping back to MarkJ might take a long time, but your post might be correct.

Still, I and I’m sure many others will be glad to help him out via Skype or phone or Zoom, etc...

The only problem with sending it to Mark @ this time is the virus has really put a slow down on this to and from China. It took me almost a month to get the module just at the start of the virus hitting the US, now it would take months to for a round trip.
I really think the OVMS is probably a good product, but for me the only thing that I thought would be cool to have is to be able to lock and unlock the car. Short of that feature everything else is on our VMS. The other thing after I retired I didn't have a cell phone for the first 10 years, only got one to lock and unlock our M3, other than that the phone is turned off, sitting on my dresser.

for me the only thing that I thought would be cool to have is to be able to lock and unlock the car. Short of that feature everything else is on our VMS.
Three things OVMS does for me I would miss: (1) automatically open the garage door based upon GPS when I arrive; (2) unlocked the car the one time I foolishly locked my keys in the trunk; and (3) opened the garage door when the car was in the garage, I was away, and I wanted to have my neighbor put a box in the garage. There are also the readings that are difficult to get otherwise such as the messages giving the CAC.

• Informative
Reactions: drewski
Three things OVMS does for me I would miss: (1) automatically open the garage door based upon GPS when I arrive; (2) unlocked the car the one time I foolishly locked my keys in the trunk; and (3) opened the garage door when the car was in the garage, I was away, and I wanted to have my neighbor put a box in the garage. There are also the readings that are difficult to get otherwise such as the messages giving the CAC.

cool. i have to look into the garage door / trigger homelink functionality!

Besides John's list (which I totally agree with), it's very handy to monitor the battery temperature during the summer to know when / how long I need to do a cool-down cycle when I arrive home. And if you're into gadgets, the OVMSv3 can drive a Head-up display, since the car's OBDII port is otherwise inert. 6+ foot tall drivers (which I am not) might like that, since I understand that it's hard to see the instrument panel from that altitude.

Besides John's list (which I totally agree with), it's very handy to monitor the battery temperature during the summer to know when / how long I need to do a cool-down cycle when I arrive home. And if you're into gadgets, the OVMSv3 can drive a Head-up display, since the car's OBDII port is otherwise inert. 6+ foot tall drivers (which I am not) might like that, since I understand that it's hard to see the instrument panel from that altitude.

I have not been concerned with my battery, motor temp. as I have a climate controlled garage for my Tesla's to live in and they really like the automatic temps I have set for the summer and winter months here in Tucson.