Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my white S60 on Tuesday. Two days into ownership it is everything I had hoped for and more. My 4 year old daughter loves the feeling of rocketing off the line and I managed to elicit this response from a co-worker as I accelerated "What? Woah, oh my god, I almost lost my lunch!" The kids love the car and I have promised they could help me name it. My son thinks its very cool there is a computer in the car and my little girl makes sure I have the rear camera on at all times so she can see who is behind us (which, the way I have been driving, means everyone).

The car handles wonderfully. I never feel out of control despite the size and am still amazed I can go that fast and that far in a car powered by batteries. The simplicity of driving with one pedal is something I am learning to enjoy. I am still getting used to how large the car is though. Compared to my Versa there is now very little space in the garage when the Pilot and the Tesla are side by side. I also did not realize how long the car is. it is almost the same length as the pilot. I have had to tape some markings on the garage floor and use the backup camera to let me know when I have gone far enough.

I am still trying to get my wife to drive the car but she has been sick so I have had it all to myself. She does love the Slacker radio feature. I am still learning about the car which to me is half the fun. I love the clean lines of the interior and the lack of storage forces me to be much more aware of letting junk accumulate. I do not like the feeling of worrying about dents and ding though. With my old car I could not care less. Now I feel like I have to be extra careful.

My co-workers now come by and ask me to show them the car on a regular basis. I also had my first Tesla moment this morning. I dropped my son off at school where they have a program where the older kids help the little ones out of the car at the dropoff. The girl who was doing the helping came up and looked a bit confused until I put the car in park. When the handles extended her face lit up with surprise and she let me know that I had a very cool car as my son was getting out.

I am not a former Porsche or Mercedes owner so I have no frame of reference as to what a luxury daily driver is like, but I can't imagine ever going back to an ICE. The silence is golden, as they say, and you truly feel like you are driving something from the future. I only hope my wife will see it the same way so we can become a two Tesla family when the Model 3 comes out.

I picked up my white S60 on Tuesday. Two days into ownership it is everything I had hoped for and more. My 4 year old daughter loves the feeling of rocketing off the line and I managed to elicit this response from a co-worker as I accelerated "What? Woah, oh my god, I almost lost my lunch!" The kids love the car and I have promised they could help me name it. My son thinks its very cool there is a computer in the car and my little girl makes sure I have the rear camera on at all times so she can see who is behind us (which, the way I have been driving, means everyone).

The car handles wonderfully. I never feel out of control despite the size and am still amazed I can go that fast and that far in a car powered by batteries. The simplicity of driving with one pedal is something I am learning to enjoy. I am still getting used to how large the car is though. Compared to my Versa there is now very little space in the garage when the Pilot and the Tesla are side by side. I also did not realize how long the car is. it is almost the same length as the pilot. I have had to tape some markings on the garage floor and use the backup camera to let me know when I have gone far enough.

I am still trying to get my wife to drive the car but she has been sick so I have had it all to myself. She does love the Slacker radio feature. I am still learning about the car which to me is half the fun. I love the clean lines of the interior and the lack of storage forces me to be much more aware of letting junk accumulate. I do not like the feeling of worrying about dents and ding though. With my old car I could not care less. Now I feel like I have to be extra careful.

My co-workers now come by and ask me to show them the car on a regular basis. I also had my first Tesla moment this morning. I dropped my son off at school where they have a program where the older kids help the little ones out of the car at the dropoff. The girl who was doing the helping came up and looked a bit confused until I put the car in park. When the handles extended her face lit up with surprise and she let me know that I had a very cool car as my son was getting out.

I am not a former Porsche or Mercedes owner so I have no frame of reference as to what a luxury daily driver is like, but I can't imagine ever going back to an ICE. The silence is golden, as they say, and you truly feel like you are driving something from the future. I only hope my wife will see it the same way so we can become a two Tesla family when the Model 3 comes out.

That is a really good story.. thanks for sharing..

A quick pic of the car and my $10 charging management solution. Weather has been bad so I will post better photos once it clears up.

charger (1024x683).jpg
tesla (1024x683).jpg

Thanks Mayhemm. Those are original Tesla Grey Cyclone 19” winter wheels. Actually the wheels are one of the reason we had to wait that long. Originally we were supposed to get the car in summer 2013 so I ordered the car with 21" Grey Turbine summer wheels. But then the delivery was delayed till the end of the December. So i told them i need winter tires. They offered me Grey Cyclone 19” winter wheels. But when we came to pick up the car there were 21" Grey Turbine summer wheels on the car. I said they need to be replaced otherwise i could get a ticket for using summer wheels in winter. So they replaced them. We travelled back from Tilburg with four summer wheels in the trunk.

You could have made 3K selling them.

Purple Tesla!?!

Thank you very much. I don't know why more people don't get them in green but it seems to be the least popular color.
From my Tesla Motors sources brown is the least popular color. Though I think the Model S is beautiful in any color, even Purple!
IMG_3545.jpeg

(early on Tesla was offering custom paint for the Model S (~ $16,000). I recall only six people took advantage of that offer. This was one.

P49484 Delivered

I took delivery of P49484 at the Raleigh, NC store yesterday, 25-Nov-14.

I wanted to ensure 2014 delivery and replaced my order for a similar 85D with this car which was in the Tampa, FL showroom and had 133 miles on it. Discount was ~$1,800 and I there's not a scratch on it... It took less than a week to find it, get it delivered to the nearest location, and go pick it up.

I'm a happy camper! :smile:

Specs: 85 kWh Battery, White Solid Paint, Body Color Roof, 19" Wheels, 19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade, Grey Nappa Leather Seats, Obeche Wood Gloss Décor, Matching Yacht Floor, Supercharger Enabled, Tech Package (incl autopilot hardware), Parcel Shelf, Brake Calipers – Black.

IMG_1175.JPG

I took delivery of P49484 at the Raleigh, NC store yesterday, 25-Nov-14.

I wanted to ensure 2014 delivery and replaced my order for a similar 85D with this car which was in the Tampa, FL showroom and had 133 miles on it. Discount was ~$1,800 and I there's not a scratch on it... It took less than a week to find it, get it delivered to the nearest location, and go pick it up.

I'm a happy camper! :smile:

Specs: 85 kWh Battery, White Solid Paint, Body Color Roof, 19" Wheels, 19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade, Grey Nappa Leather Seats, Obeche Wood Gloss Décor, Matching Yacht Floor, Supercharger Enabled, Tech Package (incl autopilot hardware), Parcel Shelf, Brake Calipers – Black.

View attachment 64546

Nice.. what did you end up paying for it?

Hello from Sweden! This is my first post after lurking for quite a while, waiting for my multicoat red P85 to be delivered and reading everything I could about the Model S on this great forum. I have also become an investor in TSLA, and find the investor threads very useful and informative, so definitely check those out, if you have any plans on investing!

After a long wait (ordered July 10th), I finally took delivery (P52409) on November 18th, and drove my newly named "Carship Enterprise" home from Stockholm 700 km (about 440 miles) on the first day :smile:. Fantastic experience and I couldn't be happier, especially since I also got the new autopilot hardware (early october build) as a nice bonus! I visited 3 supercharger stations on the trip home, so there was not a hint of "range anxiety" and I could drive like I did with an ICE car, with a nice food/coffee break every 200 km. or thereabout. I have since visited another 3 superchargers, one of them i Denmark close to my mothers apartment, while on a little christmas shopping trip. Normally I charge at home with a dedicated 3-phase 380V 16 A "red plug" outlet I had installed and it works like a charm - full "tank" every day (well, 80% anyway - have to baby those batteries a bit).

Today was a beautiful (and quite cold) day, so I took the opportunity to take som pictures on the local beach (cars are allowed on a small stretch), and uploaded to a Swedish carsite ("The Garage"), if you want to check it out: Garaget | Tesla Model S P85 (2014) . The descriptions are in Swedish, but the pictures are international :biggrin:

Just noticed, my post is no 1337 - nice!

Last edited: