Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P+ Horrible 0-60 times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get back to us once you’ve tested and documented the performance under the same standards & conditions used for the official figures.

If these cars are anything they are remarkably consistent. There is no driver skill involved to hit published 0-60 times and little variability from car to car. You don't need to be on a prepped drag strip with 75 degree weather and 36% humidity at 1500 ft above sea level facing northeast at 2:30pm on the second Friday of the month to hit official figures. What's so great about these cars is you can actually hit those figures at a random stoplight just by stomping on it if you are feeling frisky. :)

True, and if Tesla quoted the Model 3P 0-60 mph with no rollout, 2 people in the car and heavy aftermarket wheels and tires, the results would likely look very similar to the OP’s...

Not so sure. OP’s wheels are about 3# lighter per wheel than OE. Not sure about tire weight but you’re not talking about a difference that would cause a 0.4s slowdown. Same with a passenger unless they’re both offensive linemen. Maybe a tenth or two for both of those but not enough to explain a 3.6s. Something else is going on.

Not so sure. OP’s wheels are about 3# lighter per wheel than OE. Not sure about tire weight but you’re not talking about a difference that would cause a 0.4s slowdown. Same with a passenger unless they’re both offensive linemen. Maybe a tenth or two for both of those but not enough to explain a 3.6s. Something else is going on.

Wheels may be 3# lighter, but how much do the tires weigh? People always seem to forget tire weights, and, tire weight variations would affect the car much more than the same amount of weight on the wheel.

What brand & model of tires are being used on those aftermarket wheels?
Are they Michelin PS4s or something else?

Could have different traction characteristics...

Also what width on the rear wheels? 265 series tire would be really wide on a stock 8.5" wheel.
( I am guessing they are probably 10" not 8.5"... )

You either don’t understand rollout or the effects of all of those specifics or are being deliberately obtuse...

here is the Dragy Tesla leaderboard in July. Lots of 3.2-3.3 including roll out (3.0-3.1 without)

75CBB3E4-63BD-483B-87EF-6B300DADBA7E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
He should be around 3.2s without rollout. 265 rubber and a passenger are not enough to knock 0.4s off his 0-60.

Interesting comment, since a 200 lb. passenger makes almost exactly a 0.2 second difference in 1/4 mile time:
1/4 Mile ET Calculator

We also don’t know whether the road had an incline at all, or what other factors there may have been. To suggest that something is wrong with the OP’s “horrible” car based on a couple of posts is a stretch at best...

So I gave it a go earlier while still above 95% charge and best I got is 3.57(3.25 w 1’)
Don’t get me wrong the car feels strong which is why I’m surprised to see those numbers. Yes it’ll leave most cars in the dust but that’s not the point. Should I be seeing better times?

Attachments

• 436A5AD9-0766-4E06-8324-FC3D662BE83B.png
    436A5AD9-0766-4E06-8324-FC3D662BE83B.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
For comparison sake, here's my P3D-, last August before the 5% power boost. Dragy on this one is actually from my dragstrip run at Bandimere Speedway, where the car did a 11.55 quarter mile. 3.29 0-60, 3.09 (1ft roll-out). I'd expect it to be a teeny bit quicker but haven't had a dragy on it since that power boost.

Yeah, 3.6 is terrible. Take it to the dragstrip. If you are running much slower than 11.60, somethings up.

OMK4LDi.png