Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P+ Horrible 0-60 times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all.....I will NOT make any of my posts personal. PERIOD. I don't talk about anyone and I'm not.

you line up at the tree at the starting line.

you smash the accelerator and the timer starts ( by the track lasers and people )

Nope, sure doesn't. That's not at all how drag strips work.

They use beams across the lane... there's beams at the starting area...without getting into details, you have to be "blocking" the furthest forward beam when sitting still for the tree to start the run.... and the timer doesn't start until you CLEAR that beam.

That's why 1 foot rollout exists

The timer doesn't start until AFTER you start moving at a drag strip.

(how much the actual rollout is depends on how deeply or shallowly you staged but that's getting into the weeds a bit).

Anyway- moving on...

you are now traveling down the track.

your speed starts to get evaluated by the track (timing guns or whatever they use ) as you are rolling.

The way it works is the timer starts when you clear the second timing beam at the start.

Then it ends when you break the beam at the end.

The amount of time between those is your 1/4 mile elapsed time. That's why the time is listed as ET.
additional intervals along the track where time and speed are recorded, which include: 60-foot, 330-foot, 1/8th-mile (660'), 1,000-foot and ¼-mile (1320 feet). Timeslips typically report your MPH at 1/8 and 1/4.

The track has no idea how long it takes you to hit exactly 60 mph unless that just HAPPENED to be at EXACTLY say the 1/8 mile mark (which would be a LOT slower car than one that did it in 2.5 seconds).

you come back to the starting line and they hand you a piece of paper with all of your times on it.

Yes. Your elapsed times for distances and your speed at 1/8 and 1/4 mile.

Not your 0-60 time.

OK it is very late here and I am at times a bottom up reader
1. No drag strip measures 0-60
2. Track in question has no drag strip
3. op wants to pay for everyone in Tesla world to see this

I would love to go see something that is impossible to see and
get payed to do it. This is somewhat like when I tell my wife I
cleaned the house.

Amusingly, the other guy on the forums who claims a 0-60 nobody believes (@GarlanGarner who claims ALSO a 2.8 or something) ALSO claims he got that time from a drag strip...and ALSO claims he's in Illinois....and he ALSO posted the "barely 2.9x" video from someone who isn't him as "proof" of his somehow MUCH faster claimed time he himself ran.

Sounds like Garlan started another account? His original was banned a few times I know...

I was just coming in here to call ATT89 out on his BS about Autobahn Country Club being a drag strip when it is a private road course, lol.
What a joke.

Just to add some more data to the discussion. I was able to pull a 3.0 WITH rollout at the drag strip last week on my P3D+, but unlike ATT89, I have proof. Car also ran super consistent 11.40x times at about 118mph at high 80s SOC. Super impressive.

IMG_1970.jpg
IMG_1944.JPG

Had 3.6s 0-60 times w/ my Stock 20" Wheels & Tires. Upgraded to Martian 18x8.5 Wheels w/ 245/35ZR-18 Tires. 0-60 times are now 3.26s w/o Rollout. Lighter wheels, tires and smaller overall diameter had a big impact on acceleration. SoC 91%. Done on a crappy road too. Planning on going with RB Rotors in the near future. Hopefully drop another .1s 0-60.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200714-194634 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20200714-194634 (1).jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20200714_194440 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200714_194440 (1).jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 47
Seems to be about the best I can get on stock 20’s. I will be bolting my 18x8.5 Konig Hypergrams on this weekend. They have 255/40/18 RE71R’s on them and were about 7lbs lighter per corner and they’re also slightly shorter. Be interesting to see if anything changes.

The GForce plot on these things seems to be kinda all over the place

CEE44437-608A-49AB-A7D2-79D30AF11091.jpeg

I was just coming in here to call ATT89 out on his BS about Autobahn Country Club being a drag strip when it is a private road course, lol.
What a joke.

Just to add some more data to the discussion. I was able to pull a 3.0 WITH rollout at the drag strip last week on my P3D+, but unlike ATT89, I have proof. Car also ran super consistent 11.40x times at about 118mph at high 80s SOC. Super impressive.

@vogz
I noticed on your drag strip receipts there was no 0-60MPH times, lol...But he will pay your entrance fee !

That's some bad ass time there. Nice.