Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P- now long gone ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick question...

Is the elusive P- now a distant memory and no longer available or are they still showing up in the existing inventory every now and then?

I haven't been checking the inventory but am now on the lookout and wondered if I'd missed the boat with this spec?

I loved the look of the big red brakes. But I don’t use them, and I’d love to fit some 18” aeros - grass is always greener hey!?

19” OEM rims fit and Pirelli P7+ tires got just as good w/mi as Aero did (with covers). They were quieter, had Rim saver, and tread life of 70,000 miles. Quieter. And no foam headache for patching, plugging or emergency goop. All win win. They do not have as good a wet grip though as OEM 20” (neither do Primacy). No tire is perfect. Another promising 19” tire tire is the BridgeStone Quietrack. 19” has the best tire options on Model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: Avendit
The ability to order a P- is now long gone so they will not be sending anymore P- as they won't be able to match to any orders. The only change you would have is if there is the odd one unallocated that may show up on the Tesla site.

I still don't get why any were built, esp like mine with tow. Not complaining, just curious!

I loved the look of the big red brakes. But I don’t use them, and I’d love to fit some 18” aeros - grass is always greener hey!?

Well, you know... if you were on 19's I'd generously offer to swap those pesky rims and inconvenient callipers for my 18's and standards, but I don't like going below 40 profile for comfort. So I'll just have to say no to your generous offer. ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: pow216