Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[P0] China Model 3 Users Mistreated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
haha sorry you are OP, you are buying a Tesla and have obviously benefited from the preferential treatment most of the time... There are always bigger (more important ) people, you are just unlucky and picked the small stick this time :(

@Stan Li, I will say this, if you choose not to take delivery when you are able to so then the only person you will be punishing is yourself.
Im not saying what Tesla did is right just that to deny yourself this car because of this would only hurt you.

Respectfully disagree strongly on tactical/policy grounds:

1. Irregardless how good the car itself is technically, he should not make like a carpet and meekly reward the company with his money for this shameless and insulting mistreatment, particularly when he has a ton of leverage in his hand to swing the outcome back towards equity.

2. Doing so would amount to training Tesla staff to abuse its enthusiastic customers, contrary to its own long-term interest.

3. That's why he should take the car + a complimentary set of winter wheels worth $3k to salve the hurtfeels/wasted expense, or, if they refuse, buy a NIO and deliver Tesla China the PR nuclear option.

4. But first exhaust all other avenues for a fair resolution -- @Stan Li should find the email address of the top boss of Tesla China and write them, enclosing all the evidence and making the argument for fair reparations while tactfully outlining where this will end up if not scoring satisfaction. Also inserting a nuanced hint of the alternate legal action to recover costs occasioned by their failures may help nudge them over the line towards doing the decent thing and avoiding a much larger embarrassment.

5. He should naturally add that if this China boss fails to do the right thing then he will escalate the problem to Musk directly, thus delivering a subtle yet real threat to their recently-acquired position.

6. One must retain some healthy self-esteem and limit of tolerance, whereas BEV manufacturers are two-a-penny in China.

Last edited:
Part of the tesla experience is unfortunately a horrible delivery experience.

If you cancel, all I can say is GOOD. Tesla needs to learn these things are not acceptable, especially when buying a car you have waited a long time for.
Forgive me for saying this (normally when someone says that the next thing they say is rude / inflammatory etc)... but isnt it fairly standard practice in Asian Cultures to defer to the "more important" person?

Not from the customer (so not from the OP) but from the company perspective. I know I did not read everything word for word, but it appears to me that the OP was promised the car, made plans, then got bumped for "someone more important" to tesla china than he was.

That would not be standard practice here in the US (at least not so blatantly), but isnt it fairly normal for companies in China / Japan etc to pay more attention / defer to "important" people?

Sucks that it happened to this OP, but I am not sure how different this is than other business dealings there, especially for PR grabbing things.

Am I incorrect with this? If so, I apologize.

This happened in the US too, when they were selling other peoples orders at the freemont factory. I ended up with someone else's left overs, and now I have to live with a car that will rattle throughout ownership. I was hoping to keep the car for 10 years, but at this point I'm not sure I will even keep it for 5.

@Stan Li

Sorry this happened but no need to be 土豪 about it.

Who knows what guanxi the rude person has. Even if it takes a few days longer, you will get your car.

If you have two daughters you are doing pretty well. Nice you don’t have to buy homes for them. :D