Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D, 760HP and Performance Tests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see that the weight of the p100d on the video has been updated to 4945 lbs. That seems more reasonable. My p90dl without pano weighs 4830 lbs. The p100d had been reported to weigh 45kg, or 100lbs, more than the p90d. This car has a few more options than mine, so it looks about right.

A few more data points...
505kw max at 50%soc with battery heating on
No real power loss down to 90%soc
90% rated miles 285mi
95%soc no battery heat max kw about 550kw
All these are done with PowerTools.

Anybody in west palm/ South Florida want to let me borrow a data logger send me a message
are you the owner of P100DL in Dragtimes video?

took a while for the Huracan to pass the P100d...

Can't wait for the video! :)

And I signed up just to say that, haven't been this in to a cars performance numbers, since I played with Top Trumps cards as a kid. I'm a bit late to the game, but this is exciting times, like when a child gets surprised by a unexpected new toy in the store, that makes all of his old wishes obsolete.

Reactions: ggnykk
285 RM at 90% is awesome!
You are not Kiddin! When my P90DL was brand new my 90% was 241 rated miles! That is an increase of 44 miles!
I was thinking, based upon the % increase of 90 to 100 there would be something like 268 miles of real rated range.
285 is flabbergasting. Well done. Very Impressive.
I will be watching to see how that number degrades over time with the new pack.

• Informative
Reactions: ggnykk
Maybe they made the rear motor more efficient to gain some RM? I have put 70,000 miles on a P85DL and 500 miles on a p100dl, the the p100d drivetrain feels and sounds completely different. This is pure speculation but maybe they have a next generation rear motor in this car. I only have about 20 miles of seat time in a p90d so I unfortunately can't compare it to that. Is there an easy to see serial on the rear motor and inverter that I could check out??

• Informative
Reactions: brianman
Maybe they made the rear motor more efficient to gain some RM? I have put 70,000 miles on a P85DL and 500 miles on a p100dl, the the p100d drivetrain feels and sounds completely different. This is pure speculation but maybe they have a next generation rear motor in this car. I only have about 20 miles of seat time in a p90d so I unfortunately can't compare it to that. Is there an easy to see serial on the rear motor and inverter that I could check out??

Different sound? Less motor whine or just a different sound?

damn, the P100D has lost to Huracan?
You are surprised? I would not be at all if the teals lost. It weighs almost 5000lbs and doesn't have a second gear so its rate of acceleration drops off dramatically. And the huracan is awd so it's good at the strip, so we are not using the rwd hellcat that can't put the power down and is really quite slow for how much power it makes.

Unless the teals has FAR more power than the car it's racing and/or the car can't put the power down, it's going to lose and it's going to stay that way if they stick with the current formula. I'm fine with the current formula because it's a luxury sedan, not a sports car, but it weighs a crap tone (which will come down as battery density increases) and does not have a second gear so the power drops off bad. Combine that with the weight and the power to weight ratio gets really bad past about 90 or so and keeps getting worse the faster you go.