Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D Track Day at Homestead Speedway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you attach the camera to the pano roof?
Yes

Long story short I have a Thinkware dash cam but I forgot to disable the impact setting so every time I hit the apex it switched to impact mode and dropped the file in a different folder so the video was useless.

Unfortunately Homestead is the only track Teslas can use due to the lack of Supercharges You need to recharge every second run (third if you push it) and thats with a P100 a 75 will probably make two runs.
They have 20+ 240v 40 amp hook ups in the paddock but they will not charge you fast enough
The Homestead SC is only 5 miles from the track so you have time between runs to replenish the batteries WPB and Daytona SC are too far from the tracks.

That said I would encourage anyone who dont mind the drive to Homestead to come try a track day.
It is safer than I95 you can even get an instructor to drive with you if you feel nervous but believe me after two runs you want to be on your own.
Its is a real adrenaline rush throwing your car into the corners and passing everyone in the first 2 laps
On that point passing is strictly controlled in the novice class you can only pass on the straight and you must get a hand signal from the guy in front to pass left or right of him (See when I pass the vet)
And even if you do make a mistake (As I did) you can see it is an easy out.
This time I saw a lot of high end cars on the track Lambo Ferrari AMG SLS Mercs Porsche even a Mclaren they are not out to damage their daily drivers

Next Track day March 17th

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
So, anyone know if the Model 3 (not the current version, but the upcoming performance version) has a hope at being a track capable car? I guess I didn't realize that battery capacity was ALSO an issue. I knew about the overheating, but the Model 3 has a different motor. But I take it that the battery gets drained that fast at 110 MPH??

So, anyone know if the Model 3 (not the current version, but the upcoming performance version) has a hope at being a track capable car? I guess I didn't realize that battery capacity was ALSO an issue. I knew about the overheating, but the Model 3 has a different motor. But I take it that the battery gets drained that fast at 110 MPH??

Model 3 will go into limp mode just like the others.