Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100DL at the drag strip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
86FD317B-F073-48E9-B370-5CB0567775B1.jpeg
Guess you really do learn something new every day! Here’s the excerpt from the S owners manual on Slip Start. So basically it is like the TC disable function under 30mph.
Now I can’t wait to get out of the office this afternoon to try this!

I’ve never seen anything related to TC on my dash, so either the D/P models don’t show it or I’ve never had any slippage of any sort, which is hard to believe especially after doing multiple runs at the track last week and trying out Launch Mode multiple times on the street.
I also did not think there was a way to defeat or change TC in the Model S and only the Performance Model 3 had that availability?
thinking about is a little more, I've had loaner D's and manage to get slip and TC lights on the dash in all of them. Pretty sure you can only turn off TC in the original S and Roadster. Makes the P85 a bit more fun than any D.
I don't think slip start is the same as turning off TC. pretty sure it still stops a full burnout? please try it ;>

I've had to use slip start to get home a couple of times. We live 1 mile up a dirt road. When it rains the clay turns to slime. I've had the car at a 45-degree angle in the road just trying to get down my driveway. The orange traction control light flashes at me constantly during these muddy drives. Without slip start enabled the car simply goes slower and slower until it stops, refusing to spin the tires. Slip start allows me to get home. Luckily, this is Arizona, so rainy days are kept to a minimum. :)

Reactions: SBDPlaid