Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100DL with full Xpel Stealth wrap is finally here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i'm looking into this and an installer who does Suntek says that he prefers their product to XPel. he says the Suntek PPF-M has a more satin look whereas the Xpel Stealth has a more matte look. satin having a little more sheen and depth than the matte. and he prefers it.

so confused now. your car is exactly how i want mine to look! congrats again.

DeLorean and X owner here as well.

Well done :cool:

upload_2017-2-27_18-39-58.png

The Black/Black P100D arrived a few days ago and I decided to get a full Xpel Stealth/Trim blackout package. I just got it back and couldn't be happier. The stealth gives is an amazing unique satin sheen, and with the trim blacked out, it totally changes the appearance of the car. For wheels, I didn't want to go all the way to the harsh 22", so I compromised at a 21" flow forged MRR FS01. They only weigh 26lbs vs. Tesla's 22" 41lb, so I don't think I'll take any range hit. I also used Pirelli Verde Scorpions which have a really low rolling resistance. I never saw a stealth wrapped car in person before so I was nervous, but I couldn't be happier. Tweaks inside are some floor mats from formytesla and bright led's from abstract ocean. Tony cView attachment 208477 View attachment 208478 View attachment 208479 View attachment 208480 View attachment 208481 View attachment 208482 View attachment 208483 View attachment 208484

Hi Tony,

Wow, your X looks amazing!!! I'm expecting my Deep Blue X in April/May and I'm also interested in doing a full Xpel Stealth wrap by Greg. Did you do any type of coating on top of the wrap? I'm still debating and researching if that is necessary. Thanks!

Hi Tony,

Wow, your X looks amazing!!! I'm expecting my Deep Blue X in April/May and I'm also interested in doing a full Xpel Stealth wrap by Greg. Did you do any type of coating on top of the wrap? I'm still debating and researching if that is necessary. Thanks!

Yes, greg and lee did a quartz coating on top to help keep it clean. I am going back to see them in april for a little touch up of the blacked out trim.

I know that this is a bit off topic but since you have had this for a couple of months I was wondering how you manage up keep? I'm about to get stealth on my S and the biggest thing that I'm worried about is keeping it clean and wondering if I can go to a regular car wash. I absolutely love the way it looks but I'm worried that it will be impossible to keep clean.

When it looks "90%" clean what does that mean? I am in the Northeast and drive ~500 miles a week. I love the look, I just don't want it destroyed from car washes (or get stuck with it being dirty).

One thing that I heard from somebody else I know has a vinyl wrap is that even when it gets dirty, it doesn't look as bad as the regular glossy finish. Have you had any experience with that?

I know that this is a bit off topic but since you have had this for a couple of months I was wondering how you manage up keep? I'm about to get stealth on my S and the biggest thing that I'm worried about is keeping it clean and wondering if I can go to a regular car wash. I absolutely love the way it looks but I'm worried that it will be impossible to keep clean.

I have mine opti-coated on top of my wrap and washing it its very easy. It takes me about an hour for the whole car, I use Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. I wipe and dry one panel at a time. I just don't trust car washes.