Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ 20” Winter Tires / Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my winter wheels today from Tire Rack. I wasn't sure how they were going to look, but I actually like them for winter wheels. Hope this helps anyone else that is looking for wheels.
19X8 MONTE TITANO MT7 VENTOSO HYPER SILVER
245/40R-19 MICHELIN X-ICE XI3 XL
They fit well and have plenty of room around the calipers.
View attachment 350157

I'm looking at these as well. How is the road noise? And did you install them yourself or have a tire rack approved installer put them on (I'm no mechanic!)

I'm looking at these as well. How is the road noise? And did you install them yourself or have a tire rack approved installer put them on (I'm no mechanic!)

Road noise seems a bit louder, but not bad. I haven't been up to highway speeds with them yet, but back roads seem fine. It definitely softens the handling, which is to be expected.

I put them on myself. I'm sure an approved installer could do it, but I would make sure to point out the jack points. They are very small and I had to buy a special adapter to make sure my jack wasn't going to damage the underside of the car. I would ask the installer to show me how they were going to jack up the car to make sure they knew what they were doing.

Just to clarify, these are the TPMS sensors that should work:
Smart Sensor® - Pro+ Programmable Single Protocol TPMS Sensor with Metal Valve Stem

Just include your make/model information when ordering.
Just a quick update. Switched over to my winter setup today (Tsportline 18", Blizzaks and these TPMS). Everything fit great. The sensors scared me as they did not function or show any error messages on the ~7 mile trip home from the tire shop. About 1 mile into my next drive, I got a message asking about new sensors and to select the wheel size. They are working now.

Here are my 18” TSportline TSTs mounted for winter. No issues with fitment. :)

FYI I am running 235/50/18 (The Blizzak WS80s were swapped over from my Infiniti) and I never got a message about new wheel size.

Attachments

• 1428B314-28DB-40F2-B236-A27046BF31CF.jpeg
    1428B314-28DB-40F2-B236-A27046BF31CF.jpeg
    664.9 KB · Views: 199
I tried out the Discount Tire Nankang NS-25 for my all seasons on my 20" stock rims. We really don't get real winter here in the bay area, but I am making a road trip here soon to Washington state for Christmas.
Only $90 each, so nearly can buy 3 for the price of one stock summer tire. They are cheap, not terrible tires just not stellar either. My biggest fear is the potential for road rash, the Nankang are 10% narrower than the stock P4S for the same exact size. I am hoping for a bit better mileage in exchanged for the reduced performance, looks good so far.

I pulled the trigger to get a set of TST 18' in Space Grey. Estimated delivery will be late December which is fine since I only plan to use them early January when I be going to Lake Tahoe area.

As for winter tires, I have decided to go with the Goodyear Assurance Weatherready. They are all seasons but sufficiently performant on snow to get the 3-Peak logo on the sidewall. Because I will be only have them from December to March, this should be a good compromise.

Now I need to buy TPMS and found a great deal on the tires.

what are snow belt folks planning with their P3D+ 20”?

We've had great results with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ on our M3 Performance Version - I was initially concerned about their competence in snow, and thought about full snows, but didn't like the 20 inch options and had another set of 20 inch Tesla wheels, so went with A/S. The Michelin A/S3+ have been truly excellent in the (at worse) light to moderate snow, slush and generally crappy conditions here in New Hampshire. And their performance on dry pavement and in the wet is so close to the summer Michelin 4S tire, it's really astounding. So if you don't need best behavior in deep snow, these are a really good option. Another option is the Bridgestone 980AS, but that's not available in the stock 235/35-20, only upsized to 245/35-20. Here is the Tire Rack's summary of user evals on ultra high performance all seasons.

Reactions: Mayhem
I tried out the Discount Tire Nankang NS-25 for my all seasons on my 20" stock rims. We really don't get real winter here in the bay area, but I am making a road trip here soon to Washington state for Christmas.
Only $90 each, so nearly can buy 3 for the price of one stock summer tire. They are cheap, not terrible tires just not stellar either. My biggest fear is the potential for road rash, the Nankang are 10% narrower than the stock P4S for the same exact size. I am hoping for a bit better mileage in exchanged for the reduced performance, looks good so far.
I’ll be making the same trip around the same time!
I’m considering this tire since the A/S3+ is out of stock everywhere. 10% narrower sounds like a lot though. How does the tire even fit?

And how does braking performance feel to you? Any squealing on turns?

When I say its 10% narrower, that's still the same size tire 235/35x20, just its overall profile is physically narrower for the same size tire (7.1" vs 8.0") wide. Its a really good $90 tire. But figure my Honda Insight runs on $90 tires, they aren't performance all seasons. Know what you are buying.
That being said a couple things:
1. There is no rim protection from curbs, NONE. You thought the stock 20s left you exposed, ha!
2. Nothing is going to handle like the P4S, that being said I've run the Nankang at 45 psi the last few weeks and am happy with the wet and questionable dirty road performance of an average Santa Cruz mountain road. I don't push it hard on wet public roads. No scary or hydroplane moments when driving easy. If you punch it hard around a corner it will 4 wheel Powerslide a bit.
3. Efficiency definitely better, maybe 20-30 wh/mi. Will test soon now that the tire is worn in a bit.
4. Not much A/S will brake like the P4S, leave a bit of extra room.

When I say its 10% narrower, that's still the same size tire 235/35x20, just its overall profile is physically narrower for the same size tire (7.1" vs 8.0") wide. Its a really good $90 tire. But figure my Honda Insight runs on $90 tires, they aren't performance all seasons. Know what you are buying.
That being said a couple things:
1. There is no rim protection from curbs, NONE. You thought the stock 20s left you exposed, ha!
2. Nothing is going to handle like the P4S, that being said I've run the Nankang at 45 psi the last few weeks and am happy with the wet and questionable dirty road performance of an average Santa Cruz mountain road. I don't push it hard on wet public roads. No scary or hydroplane moments when driving easy. If you punch it hard around a corner it will 4 wheel Powerslide a bit.
3. Efficiency definitely better, maybe 20-30 wh/mi. Will test soon now that the tire is worn in a bit.
4. Not much A/S will brake like the P4S, leave a bit of extra room.

Thanks. Those are good data points.

Any snow experience yet (Tahoe)? I’d be buying this primarily for snow use when going up to Washington and then up to Whistler.