Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ owners - lifetime whms?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nocturnal

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Deepening Crisis!
I'm at about 11k miles and my lifetime average is 361. This includes a lead foot, 2 track days, 2 long trips in freakishly cold weather for Kansas, and a generally awful winter (lots of snow and unusually cold as many know).

Just curious as to what others have seen. On 20" all season tires it looks like the car will hit 340 at 75mph on a flat road with no heat etc. The official rating for the LR RWD 3 is 280 whms right? Given that I think the delta between rated watt miles and actual for the P3D at 60mph can be explained by the larger wheels, stickier tires, and dual motors.

Here's mine for drives over 10 miles (track time removed), i'm actually somewhat surprised as i'm running 19x9.5 wheels with 265 tires as my daily driver set-up.
Efficiency.JPG

Reactions: preilly44
I have the P3D Stealth. Have about 2800 miles with an average of 284whms. I did relatively spirited most of the time. No track days yet. I also run with the aero caps removed as I think they're ugly. I'll be getting 19" Titan7 wheels at the end of the month which are slightly lighter so I'm curious to see how they affect it. I've seen my per trip go as high as 340 but by the time I get to my destination it usually drops to the 280 range. I've gotten as good as 220kwms on some drives.

I have the P3D Stealth. Have about 2800 miles with an average of 284whms. I did relatively spirited most of the time. No track days yet. I also run with the aero caps removed as I think they're ugly. I'll be getting 19" Titan7 wheels at the end of the month which are slightly lighter so I'm curious to see how they affect it. I've seen my per trip go as high as 340 but by the time I get to my destination it usually drops to the 280 range. I've gotten as good as 220kwms on some drives.
So after multiple months with my new 19" wheels, PS4 tires and two track days over 8600 miles I'm now sitting at 307whm since Feb. It must be mostly due to the tires as my wheels are lighter weight than the stock aeros and I dont think two track days would substantially increase my usage.

I'm at about 11k miles and my lifetime average is 361. This includes a lead foot, 2 track days, 2 long trips in freakishly cold weather for Kansas, and a generally awful winter (lots of snow and unusually cold as many know).

Just curious as to what others have seen. On 20" all season tires it looks like the car will hit 340 at 75mph on a flat road with no heat etc. The official rating for the LR RWD 3 is 280 whms right? Given that I think the delta between rated watt miles and actual for the P3D at 60mph can be explained by the larger wheels, stickier tires, and dual motors.

Over my 10k miles I have put on, since delivery on Dec 4th 2018 to now, I am down to about 259-260 for my Model 3 Performance. This is including the fact that, in february, my lifetime total was around 305... meaning my lifetime average has dropped from 305 to 259-260. Summer, less lead foot....

Pretty happy with it actually, and this is on factory 20s.

Over my 10k miles I have put on, since delivery on Dec 4th 2018 to now, I am down to about 259-260 for my Model 3 Performance. This is including the fact that, in february, my lifetime total was around 305... meaning my lifetime average has dropped from 305 to 259-260. Summer, less lead foot....

Pretty happy with it actually, and this is on factory 20s.

That’s an amazing result. I thought I was doing well with my last 1600 miles at 263Wh/mi. My lifetime of 6000 miles is at 283Wh/mi. And I am pretty careful not to use heat excessively (and pre-warm/pre-cool the car, so it doesn’t get counted).